I think I've actually bricked my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jasonage, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jasonage

jasonage New Member

Ok, so I did the redsn0w tool jailbreak, but step 3 failed, so it told me to start again. I can't do the restore because it won't let me normally, and if I try tor estore with the jailbreakedFW I get error 1600.

Any help please?
  2. zibzed

zibzed New Member

restore with the original firmware you downloaded, NOT the jailbroken firmware
  3. jasonage

jasonage New Member

Now I get the iPod (iPod) could not be restored.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind, tried restoring again without cmd open, worked. Thanks zib
  4. Harvey_Oswalt

Harvey_Oswalt New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    AHHHHHHHHH. IM SO f***ING TIRED OF SEEING THIS sh*t. YOU CAN
    NOT
    BRICK
    YOUR
    IPOD.
    ESPECIALLY WITH REDSN0W. YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO BRICK IT. Post after if you agreee.
  5. PodNoob

PodNoob New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I agree. I thought that I too had bricked my iPod - there was a black screen, it was seemingly off, and it would not respond to any of the buttons pressed.

If you are having the same problem, what worked for me is to hold the home button for 5 seconds, then press the sleep/wake button for 10 while still holding the home button, and then releasing the sleep/wake button, while still holding the home button for the remaining 20-30 seconds. And bingo! my ipod showed up in iTunes and I could complete the jailbreak

KEEP IN MIND THAT TIMING IS KEY!!!! Watch a clock so that you have your seconds right, because the ipod is finicky when it comes to the times.

Good luck!

And remember, even if you are convinced that you're iPod is bricked, take a deep breath, screw your head back on, and look for answers/ask for help...

I hope this helps!
  6. moleman6057

moleman6057 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    restore with official apple firmware. if that doesn't work delete the firmware file you were trying to restore to and re-download it from felixbruns.de.
  7. ice_cold_irony

ice_cold_irony New Member

Yah, I'm thinking the same thing. I screwed up my jailbreak and ended up getting a 1403, 1604 and a 1600 error trying to work through it before deciding to restore and it still did went fine.
  8. deeboy55

deeboy55 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    not again! the ipod can not be jailbroekn. it can always be reset using DFU unless you f*** about with the settings via SSH but yu must be trying to actually do it
  9. Xandan

Xandan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You mean bricked right? cause unless you've been living under a rock.....