I think I'm going to hold off.....it all just seems a bit sloppy to me right now...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by badams1, Jan 25, 2008.

1. badams1

badams1 New Member

Jb'ing the 1.1.3 is something I want to do...but Im just not digging the current method that everyone is trying right now.

Im seeing more posts than I care to of it failing. Not to mention having to put iphone firmware on the iPot for it to work. It all just seems a bit rough and sloppy to me right now.

When a method is released that is nice and seamless and meant for the iPot I'll take the plunge..until then I think ill just sit back and watch.

What are your guys thoughts?

BA
  2. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont think im going to upgrade to 1.1.3 anytime soon. not until 100% of the bugs are worked out, all the apps are working, and that whole "iphone" crap is fixed. i dont want to upgrade just to find out that i have iphone apps taking up space and if i delete them my ipod will crash because i upgraded using the iphone firmware. so until someone makes an ipod touch firmware jailbreak, i doubt i'll be updating
  3. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

No worries mate.

The iPhone firmware 1.1.3 jailbreak works charmlessly. You shouldn't have any problems... and if you do, don't worry - we'll help you get through them.

Also, there is a mailfix.app that'll fix any mail issues you may get after the update, so don't worry about that.

We're working on getting springboard to work flawlessly (everything works but wallpapers).

A good 75-80% of current apps already work on firmware 1.1.3 without too much editing. It's very worth it.

You can now get the mail, maps with locator, weather, stocks, notes, wiggle icon editing, and lyrics for free.

I say you should reconsider.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    has anyone figured out how to get rid of the no service stuff? or the activation crap?
  5. kappatango

kappatango New Member

I 100% agree with the op.

If its working for you on the Iphone Firmware, fine, But I rely to much on my touch to risk it.

And I am happy with how it is now on JB 1.1.2.

Whwn the official 1.1.3 ipod Touch JB is released, I will jump.
  6. ronsaws2002

ronsaws2002 New Member

Jailbreak

Hello,
    I am a Ipod Touch owner but I used the new JailBreak and it worked almost perfectly. Had to buy the Apps from Apple after the break but still have installer and have installed and removed several programs.

The only Apple App that does not work properly is Mail. It tries to load and after a couple of seconds goes away. Anyone got any helpful suggestions of fixing this.

Since I am not skilled at this and was able to do it I would think that most anybody could do it.

By the way I started with a JB 1.1.2.
  7. jdwebie09

jdwebie09 New Member

I completely agree with waiting for the "official" jailbreak for the touch. Sure, it would be great to have all the functionality of 1.1.3, but I want to play all my cards right...no iPhone firmware or incompatible apps for me! Why do all that work (and praying that your device doesn't become a brick) to have an iPod that thinks it's an iPhone just to have wiggly icons and lyrics? As mentioned elsewhere on the forums, patience is a virtue.
  8. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I don't get what any of you are afraid of.

Is it even possible to brick the iPod Touch? I've not heard of ONE bricking story..

You CAN always just revert to 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 if you're not satisfied. Stop being so scared.

9. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Why? Because they're AWESOME features. Also, you forgot about maps.app with location finder. That is phenomenal. You do what you want, the rest of us will do what we want.

10. kappatango

kappatango New Member

Pretty sure there is a fix on installer for mail....something like 1.1.3 mail fix.....