i think i really screwed up my ipot

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by roldy, Jul 10, 2008.

1. roldy

roldy New Member

Ok so I have been using 1.1.4 jailbroken with ziphone for a while now but tonight I wanted to restore to get ready for 2.0. I plugged in my ipot and clicked restore, it did its thing, and then when everything was done, I looked at my ipod and obviously all my old apps were gone, but everything else was in the same places. There are these blank spots now where my apps from installer were, where as it should just look like a normal out of the box ipot. Right now I'm trying to restore it again but this is really bad. I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Should I try to restore to 1.1.1? Should I wait until 2.0 comes out and then update to that? Someone just please tell me if they know anything about this...
  2. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Just restore it again. You are fine. Relax.
  3. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

You probably did this, but just incase, hold an icon so they all wiggle and they should all fall back into place.
  4. amooseinabox

amooseinabox New Member

or go to settings > general > reset> reset home screen layout. Thats what I did to fix mine.
  5. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I know what the kid did wrong. He restored to backup. OP restore again and don't restore to backup just choose set up as a new iPod.
  6. roldy

roldy New Member

wow thank god, I restored and clicked on new ipod and it worked. Just read all of your posts right after I did that but thank you so much anyways, was getting really scared there. I've had the ipot jailbroken for a while but never wanted to try anything crazy because it's so expensive. The only thing is, the january update is gone now on my ipod so the mail, stocks, etc... are gone and I can't find anywhere to get it back on itunes. I just read a couple of postings on the apple site and some other places that 2.0 comes with the january update though so I guess I'll be fine. I know everyone is posting when they think it will come out, but when do you guys thing 2.0 for the touch will come out? (exactly the time you think, im leaving for the cape on sat...)
  7. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

Tomorrow for sure.