I think I might have 'bricked' my iPod- Help Please!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mmmtastymeal, Aug 16, 2008.

1. mmmtastymeal

mmmtastymeal New Member

I was listening to my iPod (1.1.4 jailbroken 16gb) when it sudennly turned off without a warning. It wasn't low on power and didnt give a spinning wheel like it normally does when it runs out of power.

it was impossible to turn back on and I tried two m
    ethods of putting it into Recovery mode (zombie killers method and the normal way) only to fail miserably.

My computer wouldnt recognise it at all and the screen wouldn't turn on. Eventualy iTunes recognised it when i manually put it into DFU mode, however it didnt take me to the iPod section of iTunes, just waited on 'Waiting for iPod. . .' before giving me an unknown error '1601'.

i got around the problem by unplugging the iPod and plugging it back in and re-DFUing it while iTunes was saying 'waiting for iPod', and it took me to the iPod home screen saying that i needed to restore.

I did at first to 1.1.5 but this failed at the point of 'Preparing iPod for Restore. . .' and gave me an error - could not restore iPod (1601)

it has then given me an error everytime i try to restore using this method and my screen never turns on. The only mode i can boot my iPod to is DFU.

Help please!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. River

River New Member

You get a slap from me, for using the words "brick" and iPod/iPhone in the same sentence.

... dorkamus.
  3. lautarolzl

lautarolzl New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you tried to re-install iTunes (remember, it must be iTUnes 7.5 for 1.1.4)
  4. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Enter DFU mode again and try to restore. If the problem persists then contact Apple for more help. Everyone is still covered under warranty.
  5. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    ^^ change USB ports and reboot pc before you try that.