I think I have the negative black problem...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BMANZZS, Jan 20, 2008.

1. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

I got my iPod touch about a week ago, and I thought everything was fine... until I watched a video.

I started watching V for Vendetta last night while I was in bed. The screen looked weird, so I found myself trying to adjust the brightness levels because something about the dark parts of my screen didn't look right. That didn't help. So I did some googling and found out about this. However, one of those articles says that it was fixed with the new shipment week (wk. 38) of iPod touches a while ago, when the cover art was changed to Macy Gray. That's the one I bought. I also have firmware 1.1.1. If I upgrade to 1.1.2 will that help? Should I replace it with a new one from Best Buy?

Here's my attempt to take a few screenshots with my phone's camera. As you can tell it's bad quality.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ipod weeks 38+ shouldn't have the problem. To test if you have it, check this website out (on your iPod): http://appleservedup.com/
  3. BMANZZS

BMANZZS New Member

Hmm... I seemed to have passed the test. Maybe I'm just being crazy. Watching dark movies on my iPod makes my eyes hurt though >_<
  4. seveniron

seveniron New Member

Thanks for the info. My screen was good.
  5. hypnotiza23

hypnotiza23 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried the test and my Touch only passes if I hold it an upward angle. I guess this means I have the faulty black problem. It's a week 37. Should I try to return it?