I think I have made a break in the VOIP situation

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by crizh4x, Dec 20, 2007.

1. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By VOIP situation, I mean mass production of touch compatible microphones. I have found a microphone that already works at least partially with VNotes. The Microphone is made by Macally and I bought it at Walmart the other night, the model name is iVoiceIII. the Microphone doesn't just natively work, but it has a line in connector where you can just plug in a 3.5mm audio jack, I just happen to have a double sided 3.5mm Audio jack cable (also from Wal-Mart) I plugged one end into the headphone port on the front of the computer, and the other into the audio-in line on the Mic. presto, it works like a charm. The audio quality isn't superb, but I bet if there is a big enough interest, Erica might help us out there. if you would like a sample of the audio file, I'll try to dig it out with iBrickr, and if you want pics, I'll try to get that up too. I think that we can use a headset that has the mic and headphones together, plug the mic. into the Macally Mic. Audio in line, and the Headphone port into its normal port on the ipod. what do you think?
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    Ill give this a shot and see if it works
  3. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Looks like it may work, but lets wait and see what the first voip program is designed to use.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This could be helpful for the people that can't put together their own mics.

Nice find.

I wonder how many other microphones this would work with?

Did you mean the iPod?
  5. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i meant that i recorded from the pc to ipod, but playback i plugged the mic cable in the mic on the ipod and the headphone jack in the headphone port
  6. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    awesome!!! but a bit expensive... im poor. haha
  7. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Mic. is fairly cheap, just 25 Dollars. From what I've found, VNotes won't record from my headset Mic. But my computer will, so I think it has to be a certain type of signal. is there a difference between Mic. and Audio Line-in signals?