I think I got screwed.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by The UNtouchable One, Jun 10, 2010.

1. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, guys. here's the story. I broke my iPod out of jail for the 2nd time. I had done it before, got carried away and added stupid sources I shouldn't have, and screwed it all up. I was able to restore it on 3.1.2 and have been using it for about half a year with no problems.

And that's where our new story begins. I decided to jailbreak last night after hearing that Apple was completely dropping support for 1st Gen. iPod Touch users. All I wanted was multitasking and wallpapers and if Apple wasn't going to give it to me, I'd find what I wanted on Cydia. So I jailbroke it and have not had a problem until about 5 minutes ago.

I was downloading a theme. I think it was Illumine, but don't hold me to it. Anyways, I was downloading it and realized I didn't have enough space to download it. (I have a LOT of music.) And then.... Cydia froze. My iPod went through the whole safe mode thing and I reset it. Now Cydia refuses to open up. I have several questions about how to fix it.

1) I don't have iFile or OpenSSH or anything like that on it. I heard that you have to clear out some file. (I can use Google to find the file.) Can I clear out the file with iPhone Browser?

2)Is there a better way to fix it OTHER than restoring it? I have over 4200 songs and I really don't want to have to sync it all back up.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3) If I can get it into safe mode, will Cydia open up and let me install OpenSSH or iFile so I can just fix the problem? If so, then can someone tell me the best way to get it into Safe Mode?

I'm doing my best to stay away from restore, but if I have to, I guess I'll need to.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    EDIT: Found out how to get it into Safe Mode. Going to try going from there.
    EDIT 2: Aaaand..... it doesn't work. Crap.
  2. Mircix

Mircix Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    funny phrase i broke my ipod out of jail haha

do you have cydelete? you could delete some non-appstore apps to free up memory?
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yoy can try using iPhone Browser or iFunBox and deleting some files to make space.
  4. The UNtouchable One

Device:
    iPod touch
    I use that term often.

Yes, I have Cydelete. I can try deleting some apps, but will that help Cydia restart?
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    not really, that'll only help free up some space.
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You'll never know unless you try!

What do you have to lose?
    Either way you'll end up restoring if that doesn't work. (I think?)
  7. The UNtouchable One

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, I freed up some space and I have 2 choices left. I can either use Rock or Restore. I've heard some nasty things about Rock.

I guess it's time to restore... #&!*....
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yeah, rock will rape your iPod from the inside out.
  9. The UNtouchable One

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, after a painstaking, emphasis on PAINSTAKING, 3 and a half hours, I restored it and it's loading Cydia up. I'll have my theme and emulators back in no time.

Thanks for all the help, guys.