I think I found out how to fix the BSD root error

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Bruise, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Bruise

Bruise New Member

How to restore your iPod from BSD root error when there is an error

Okay so I got it and got really mad, so I began experimenting, and my iPod is in the process of being restored atm.

1. DL iPhuc
    2. Get your iPod in recovery mode
    3. After recovery mode is up, open up iPhuc and type in the following commands, which are case sensitive:

filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu

cmd go

4. Restore to an earlier firmware!

Try it out and see if it works for you.
  2. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member

I tried doing that but the thing is, I can't even get my iPod to go into recovery mode!

Like when I turn it on, it waits at the Apple logo screen then it just proceeds to the "bsd root" thing and repeats; I've try holding both the sleep + home button, and holding the home when it comes on but no avail =(
  3. Bruise

Bruise New Member

Have you tried using the enterrecovery command on iphuc? Are you making sure you are holding down the power button and home button, then releasing only the power button? Are you sure your ipod is connected to your computer?
  4. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member

Yes. But...

Please Register or Log in to view images

That was a weird moment, I've done exactly as you say everything my iPod gets "bricked" (lol); after reading your post, I decided to try it again... so I did the same thing as I did the previous time, and it worked? Good luck I guess =)
  5. Bruise

Bruise New Member

Maybe you need to put your ipod into recovery a few amount of times before it can work lol. I put it into recovery like 5+ times before trying this.
  6. thatdude430

thatdude430 New Member

Lol, I'm currently restoring it... (through iTunes cause when I try iPhuc it says "no such command exist" and I made sure it was correctly typed); well I'll let you know how things go in a few minutes.
  7. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

So what does this do? Its the same as shift-click in iTunes, or appears so. Can anyone confirm a jailbreak on a 16gb on 1.1.3?
  8. Bruise

Bruise New Member

The shift-click gives you an unknown error without doing this without the iPhuc part. I would recommend just avoiding ziPhone completely unless you have an iPhone which it was initially designed for.
  9. jadphoto

jadphoto New Member

Hmm, doesnt work.
  10. Bruise

Bruise New Member

If I find my webcam I will try to make a video and put it up tomorrow. I have tried this twice now and I am fairly confident this works, but because it works for me doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. Just play around with my basic idea and you may be able to recover your iPod.