I think I f*cked up

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Lucifer, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

I think I messed up

I had this "main execution failed" error with Installer again, so I wanted to fix it without DFU etc. Since I don't have direct access to wireless (for SSH) either, I tried to re-jailbreak it so it would reinstall the application. Turned out not to be such a good idea after all. (I later found out that you could reinstall it without the jailbreaking.) Anyway, my screen is now stuck at the "Installing base apps..." with the cool Zorro background (did it with ZiPhone). I can't get into DFU mode or anything, so does anyone have any idea how I could fix this? My current plan is to wait till the battery is dead. Please help this poor noob!
  2. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1. Be mature and dont use naughty words
    2. WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU USE ZIPHONE??? WHY??
    3. Can you force restart your iphone/ipod?
  3. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

2. I used it before, thought it was good..
    3. Well I can turn it off, but only when I hold the Home button. Turning on while the Home button is pressed won't work, only without, and then it just starts the Jailbraik process again, ending in the same problem.
  4. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    well does itunes recognize it?
    if not the i believe ur toast buddy
  5. *Soul~Of~iTouch*

*Soul~Of~iTouch* New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, before I tell you how to fix it, let me tell you this: Mankind invented something that's really useful called the Search function so you should learn how to use it. Zibri invented something really retarded known as Ziphone and you shouldn't use it. Take care when you take advice from people with a low post count which includes out "nikada" friend here.

Here's the main part of the story:
    1. Just turn on the iPod and I don't care what it displays. Just turn it on and connect it to the computer and iTunes is too stupid to recognise your iPod at this point.
    2. I hope your iPod is on cause what we're gonna do to fix it requires it to be on. Hold down both the home button and power button at once and keep holding it.
    3. Continue holding it even after the iPod turns off but release the power button once the delicious looking Apple Logo turns up but keep on holding the home button.
    4.Hold for like 10 sec I think and iTunes should pop up and say something that could be summerised in three words. The iTunes and USB thing should appear on your iPod as well.
    5.Restore you iPod(There, three words!

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    6.Jailbreak again using iLiberty, or better still, upgrade to 2.X and jailbreak that.
    7.Done and learn how to search on Google.

Could a Mod please close this before a flame war starts?
  6. SpartanPatriot

SpartanPatriot New Member

Hold the home and power button until it shuts off. You should hold it about 11 seconds and then it will shut off.

Exactly two seconds later let go of the power button and continue holding the home button for about 30 seconds.

Your computer WILL recognize it and then you can restore. If it does not work at first try again. Timing has to be right.
  7. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Thanks a lot for the help Soul, can't believe it worked

Please Register or Log in to view images

. I usually don't ask help immediately, I always do research, but I guess I kinda freaked out when my precious new gadget didn't work anymore, and this is the first place I thought of for some help. Won't happen again, sorry. I guess I'll have to redownload all of my games too...

Just a little question, in case someone is still reading this topic:
    This "main execution script failed" error always happens right after downloading all of the iPhysics levels (twice until now), any idea why this may be? I can't fix it so I always have to completely restore my iPod, wich is quite a lot of work to resync all my music.