I think i discovered a new way to downgrade the Ipod Touch!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slowchemical622, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Slowchemical622

Slowchemical622 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Like others i tried every way possible and it didn't work recently think i discovered a new method i pasted it here from my previous post in my no wifi fix topic on page 2........

I wrote

"Ok i solved the downgrade issue, i just found a new way to downgrade the ipod touch!!! Screw the error codes what you do is you get itunes 7.5 and try to downgrade in DFU mode to the desired firmware doesn't matter i did 2.2.1 and 2.0 down to 1.1.5 (don't do 1.1.4 itunes won't verify that software and won't even try to restore so do 1.1.5 and then downgrade 1.1.4 in Itunes 9)once your ipod looks like it did a normal update you'll get some error (1, 5, 20, 1601 etc.) i got em all but what i got in common was that i got stuck in recovery/brick mode. Once your stuck in recovery/brick mode uninstall an upgrade back to Itunes 9 then make sure your out of DFU mode and in brick recovery (you should be in it already cause itunes 7.5 kicked me out and into brick mode)then hit restore and pick any firmware you want first time around you'll be back in brick mode, then restore again and IT WORKS!!!! I've done it 2/3 times over the last days originally i used itunes 9 just to save me from brick mode but i discovered it was a downgrader too... I want to help put this mode out there cause i suffered alot the last 3 days..Good Luck!!"
  2. sdschramm

sdschramm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    why would you want to downgrade? I mean 1.x was great, but theres nothing left to do on it any more. all the repositories closed up and such and even jailbreakme.com is long gone. there is really no reason to go back???
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I guess just to see go back and see what it was like again.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think it would be cool to help us see how far Apple's come with the iPhone.
  4. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Watching the Keynote presentation in HD would probably be alot easier lol......
  5. Slowchemical622

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yea i know it sounds nuts but i needed it to have a chance at fixing my wifi since i fixed it im creating a new guide on how to completely fix my wifi through downgrade
  6. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    seems like a lot of work just to downgrade but seeing as i have not had a first gen this would've applied to me anyway
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh dident see that post you just did sry
  7. Slowchemical622

Device:
    iPod touch
    I tried to make it its own seperate post but whatever

How to Downgrade Ipod Touch Firmware 2.2.1 to 1.1.4
    also How to fix the Grey "No Wifi" Issue

*Note i have a 32GB Ipod Touch 1st Gen Got the issue on 2.2.1 Firmware it may not work for everyone but i can provide some kind of support (better than s*** apple atleast)*

First download all the likely needed Firmware's from [redacted]
    You'll need 2.2.1 , 2.0.2, 1.1.5 , 1.1.4

Now that you got those, Get Itunes 7.7 and 7.5 google em

ok uninstall Itunes 9 save your library and info how ever you need to then move or delete the itunes folder in My Music

Get Itunes 9 uninstalled and 7.7 installed once you've done that remove the itunes folder again in my music and uninstall itunes 7.7 only in add or remove programs

Then install 7.5 once thats in there put your ipod into DFU mode (Hold down Power and Home for 10 seconds and release Power and keep it on home for another 8-10 seconds) install the desired downgraded firmware *If you want 1.1.4 chances are itunes will reject it with an error code do 1.1.5 instead it works* Now it'll look like a clean install till the end where you'll get an error (1,3,5,20,1601,1602,1603,1605) Itunes will then unrecognized your ipod and put you in recovery brick mode where all you can do is turn it on and be in recovery don't worry

Now uninstall Itunes 7.5 completely and Install Itunes 9 again once done make sure your still in recovery where you turn it on and the usb itunes logo appears (NOT DFU) ok here in itunes 9 do a shift restore of the firmware you want after thats done turn your ipod on an off twice if your still in recovery brick just shift restore again the firmware you want this time it should definitely work it may take a few seconds it'll look bricked then youll see the green battery and then the standby screen and your good you have successfully downgraded to whatever firmware!!!!

OK so youre wifi is still boned? Grey No Wifi Fix (Only tested with firmware 1.1.4!)

Google and download Ziphone 3.0 (GUI)
    Open it then go to advanced options
    click downgrade bootloader on the bottom left an perform
    Ok here you'll get stuck at a black screen and see codes like BSD: md0
    now your ipod will be kinda f*****d ok try to restore your ipod in itunes 9 dfu mode you will get error codes no matter what you choose sounds pointless(i only included this part because i did it) now hold power and home while plugged in the usb till you see the itunes usb cord logo again good now restore to the firmware (1.1.4) your ipod should be back to normal good now go back to recovery mode (hold power an home till you see the usb itunes logo while its plugged in) good open ZiphoneGUI then this time hit wifi fix and perform....it should now be successfull check your ipod's wifi if it doesn't work then it maybe a hardware malfunction and you should try other methods or consult apple and consider a repair/replacement though its costly for any questions or concern contact me at Slowchemical622@aol.com though the guide is self explanitory.......Good Luck with your fixes

Please Register or Log in to view images