I think I did something really bad....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hdwainwright, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hdwainwright

hdwainwright New Member

Since it is my first post, I'll say:
    1. Yes, I used the search function.
    2. Yes I read the stickys and tried the advice.
    3. I'm still screwed.

DH got a 16 GB touch for Christmas, dropped it, cracked the screen. I bought him the digitizer/screen replacement. He took it apart, fixed it, put it back together with minimal drama, but now it has the white screen of death. iTunes recognizes it, thinks everything's fine. I've started with the "hold-the-buttons" trick, no luck, then tried the restore from iTunes. It restores fine with no error messages from iTunes, but still the white screen. Any suggestions, cause I'm out of ideas?

I'm running Vista (pheh), I updated iTunes before I started and the touch software is 2.2.1 according to iTunes.

Thanks,
    Heather
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you restored it and still have the white screen, it's likely a hardware issue.
  3. hdwainwright

hdwainwright New Member

In other words, one of the 50 times he said the "F" word while working on it, he really did screw something up?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anything that can be done?
  4. beebop

beebop New Member

I think.. take it to an apple store... it may be morally wrong but say you don't understand what happened and ask for a replacement. They'll give you one on the spot if there's no visible external damage.
  5. hdwainwright

hdwainwright New Member

It was a refurb to begin with and was bought from Overstock and yes, there is damage. DH got a little cranky opening it up with the crappy little plastic opener tools and left a couple scratches on the top. That's the only place, but its pretty obvious. So returning it isn't an option. Any place that will repair?