I think I broke my iPod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elararoufal, Sep 6, 2008.

1. elararoufal

elararoufal New Member

While charging I accidentally kicked it and I don't think the connector went out nicely.

Now there's a chip on the part where the charger goes in. (That wide thing that sticks out inside) Is there a cheap way to fix it? I don't think I can go running to Apple since I bought my iPod on craigslist long ago. (Though if I can, tell me)
  2. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whoa, accidently kicking it

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. fenderman8000

fenderman8000 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    what do u mean it "chipped off"? like the whole jack thing just flew off? does it charge?
  4. elararoufal

elararoufal New Member

Haha, by walking, of course.

You know that part of the iPod Touch where there's this thin thing inside the inlet that's about an inch long? A little part of that chipped off. It's just little, though I think that's the culprit.
  5. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    pod touches have a one year warrenty so if you take it to your local apple store they will prolly replace it if its still under warrenty. Remember ipod touches came out last year in september so im guessing as of now EVERY ipod touch on this planet is still under warrenty
  6. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    HAHA I kicked my iPod really hard into the side of a metal heater (screen first), and it didn't even scratch. That was really entertaining (although I nearly went into cardiac arrest xD).

But I think you'll be okay. Just ask an Apple Store employee what they would do. Usually they can offer decent advice.