I think Apple Store gave me the wrong screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Number8, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    So I went to the Apple Store the other night to get dust out of my iPhone's screen and I realize that the fingerprints and oils from my hand are effecting the screen more than it did before...did they gave me a 3g screen by accident or am I just being paranoid?

EDIT: On another note, my iPhone seems a bit slow. It's at 3.1 UNJAILBROKEN(obviously) at the moment but when I close an app it seems to ...skip? or..just not close smoothly, am I the only one that experiences this or is this just how the phone works?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

It is possible that they put the wrong screen on.

I am not sure how you could tell for sure without taking it apart and looking for some sort of part number and that may not be possible.

Another option would be to take it back to Apple and just ask them to look at it. If you are nice about it and the problem is obvious they will more than likely fix the problem.
  3. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah, true I guess so, because it's really bugging me, I don't remember the screen being this dull and not shiny looking and getting so many fingerprints lol.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If you think it is a problem I'd take it in (well set an appointment first). Be nice about it and just explain what you've mentioned here.

If it is obvious I would bet that the genius will replace it for you.
  5. Number8

Number8 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yeah made that appointment and also going to ask them about my choppy closing and opening of apps...even unjailbroken when the apps close and open it's choppy not smooth...it's even more smooth on my friends 1g iPod Touch...which is sad lol.