I think Apple should lie to us...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by himynameisjuan, Mar 21, 2009.

1. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    and tell us 3.0 will be released a day later than when they plan to release it.

That way, instead of constantly clicking "Upgrade Firmware" the day (er, or should I say early morning?) of the release, we'd get the firmware "early", and we'd all be content.

Just a thought.
  2. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Well, Google can probably make you content right now. Who cares if they lie... it comes out when it comes out.
  3. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried the beta firmware and well, it's beta, and I'm not a developer.

I was just recalling the 2.0 madness of people waiting for Apple to release the firmware, and even myself, I waited until 4AM of the day of the release to start playing Monkey Ball, and it wasn't until later in the afternoon that the firmware was actually was released..

Actually, I hate how Apple releases information about a product/software months before the actual release, so when the day arrives, there's people camping outside their stores to get iPhones, or constantly refreshing iTunes for updates.

Well, it's good marketing on their end I guess if they create hype about something. w/e.
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    3.0 needs 3rd party developers power to fully utilize it, so they announce this months before to make time for developers before release :> this was the same with 2.0

Please Register or Log in to view images

Because new x.0-level software update is quite exiting, it's good reason to make conference (specially for developers), not just site announcement. Also, another reason is make 3.0 ready to show of on Apple's WWDC, that i remind that it's party more for developer then consumer :>

In other words, it's very good marketing move, and it's not just about hype

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

iPhone developers are getting ready for it. im just wondering about Cydia devs. im guessing theres gonna be an iPhone Revolution, having to have all those themes support 3.0's new rotation things, magnifying glass, copy + paste, UI, oh God too many to list...
  6. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

7. rightsure

rightsure New Member

Device:
    iPod touch