I still dont understand how to make Cube Runner levels

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by gtrplyr, Jul 14, 2008.

1. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have read up on how to make these levels on the official Cube Runner website and the tutorial on this site and I'm still very confused. Can someone show me what the stuff above the x's mean, the things that start with the @ sign. Im very confused about that. Also I dont know how to upload them so I can put it on my iPod. Its suposed to be a .gz or something? How do you do that? Thanks for the help.
  2. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

Okay writing you up a mini tut now it will go

"Okay.. heres what i believe how it works

@deflayout Sample Layout < that tells that your starting the layout and its going to be named Sample Layout deflayout i believe means define layout

Intro 15 1 "Intro means that the intro begins there" "The 15 is how fast you go at the intro" "1 is day or night, 0 is night 1 is day"

zigzag 20 1 "Zigzag defines that this is where the actual part of the level starts" "20 is how fast you'll be going through the level" "1 is of course day or night through the level not just the beggining intro blocks."

loop 0 "Too be honest im not sure what this means.. I believe it means how many times you want the level to loop before you finish?"

@end deflayout "This is what notes that all the info is finished like how fast your going the time the day what parts what ect"

@level zigzag "Defines where the level starts"

----

x x < "X's are boxes!"

x x

x x

x x

x x

x x

x x

x x

x x

x x

@end level < " Is the end of the script/ level and it tells the level that its finished and if you have loop i guess you can keep going through it"

----

Now i believe thats how it works im not the maker of the app so i might be wrong on something but i know on alot im right.. so umm yeah hope that helps

while you are here please visit my real tut its a huge page of a tut on how to make a level goes very into detail please view it - http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78624
  3. gtrplyr

gtrplyr Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)

thanks thats what i was looking for, i suggest putting that in your big tutorial. I just have a few more questions.

how do I get my creation so i can upload it onto my ipod? it has to be a URL right? how do i make my creation into a URL so i can type it into the cube runner game?

what website can i upload it to?

can i make my level in any word program? like wordpad?

how do i get it into a .gz? i have that program u have on your big tutorial but i dont know how to use it.

how do you make random blocks?

thanks if ya come back n help me again

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. 6ironmaiden9

6ironmaiden9 New Member

how do I get my creation so i can upload it onto my ipod? it has to be a URL right? how do i make my creation into a URL so i can type it into the cube runner game?

what website can i upload it to?

can i make my level in any word program? like wordpad?

how do i get it into a .gz? i have that program u have on your big tutorial but i dont know how to use it.

how do you make random blocks?

--- Answers

how do I get my creation so i can upload it onto my ipod? it has to be a URL right? how do i make my creation into a URL so i can type it into the cube runner game? "Answer: Umm this idk find a free host that has ftp and add it to the ftp i guess im sorry i cant help much heretry to find a free host im opening up a public ftp later for hosting of these once you have it uploaded type in the url on your ipod like my tut shows"

What website can i upload it to? "Answer: Whatever one that'll let you host it there i believe googlepages will work idk theres some tuts on google pages.."

can i make my level in any word program? like wordpad? "Answer: anything as long as it goes down and not just 1 line sideways like some wordpads do but yes wordpad and notepad.. or w/e you use im sure it'll work as long as you save it and dont mess with the name or stuff like that just whats inside of it"

how do i get it into a .gz? i have that program u have on your big tutorial but i dont know how to use it. "Answer: For the windows version double click it install it then open it up it wont make a icon so go into program files and find gnuwin32 or w/e and run it and click compress and then find the file and click compress it'll compress it"

how do you make random blocks? "Answer: Taken from the owner of cube runners site : There is an additional level format that you can use which is:

Random <Duration> <Speed> <Difficulty> <Day/Night>

This defines a level that is comprised of random blocks.

Speed and Day/Night are the same as defined above.

Duration is how long the random layout lasts and is in seconds.

Difficulty is a number between 0 and 100 and is the chance of a block being placed at any moment. Suggested values are 20 for easy and 60 for difficult... so i guess it'd be

@deflayout SampleLayout
    Intro 15 0
    random 20 15 20 1
    test 15 1 < Then i think have that for after the random blocks
    loop 1
    @end deflayout
    @level test
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    x x
    @end level

random 20 15 20 1 *Random means this is where it gets random which would be after the intro* *The first 20 is how long youd be playing before randomness ended so right after intro youd play for 20 seconds with random blocks then youd go into the normal one test thingy i think ive never did random* *The 15 represents speed as it does in others so yeah the higher the more speed...* *the 2nd 20 means the difficulty the more you go up the higher it gets* *1 means day or night.. 1 = day 0 = night*

hope that helped..

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78624

Go there for full tut =)