I SSH'd my iPod that's in RestoreMode

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NaughtyNoNo, May 12, 2008.

1. NaughtyNoNo

NaughtyNoNo New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I tried to open a new terminal, and my iPod automatically reboots (twice) and went into restore mode.

I didn't really think it was a big deal, because my slutty iPod is so dam sensitive, just trying to create a beat in TTR will put it in RestoreMode.

All I do is plug it in, open iBrickr, Boot it out of RestoreMode, and then say THANKS AGAIN NATE TRUUUUUUUUE!!! YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN!!! <3333

But this time...the screen just stayed red, for God knows how long..and then reset itself in restore mode, but with the regular black screen.

So I was bummed... I didn't back up anything on my iPod, so I was thinking I'd lose it all.

But I wondered if I could still SSH into it, if I could guess that last number in the IP address.... So I tried a couple, with no luck... but I remembered I had my friend's iPod, so I checked the IP address there, and typed it into the Host... SUCCESS!!! ^_____^

Anyway...this isn't a Tut...

I'm just wondering what it is that I need to save on my computer?

I've got the Library, Media, and Application folders.

So am I straight with that?

And also....

Is there maybe something I can do now that I SHH'd into my iPod - like delete a file or something.... Whatever it is that's killing my dirty little iPod =(

**JUST IN CASE you need to know:
    iPod Touch - 16GB (1.1.3)

and I was trying to write the command that you need to save your GBA games, but it never even opened. It said something about this session doesn't allow that, open a new one...something like that (I've gotten that message before, and it worked perfectly..on 1.1.1 I think) Then that's when it went into RestoreMode. Also, I didn't chmod the files and folders to 777. uuum... I think that's it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..so thanks in advance!!!!! ^_______^
  2. bonerguitar

bonerguitar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

I would like to recomend that you do not backup anything because there may be permissions problems. Just rekailbreak and install eveything

I have had the worst experiences with backing it up
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Well, if you're going to have to restore anyway, go ahead and back everything up like you were going to do, and if those backup files don't work after you restore, then just restore again. But if the backups DO work, well, then, you don't have to go through the hassle of reinstalling everything again.
  4. NaughtyNoNo

NaughtyNoNo New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    alright, well...

ive been backing up all my apps and what not for hours now....

and i just nooow discovered something...

im a fuucking idiot =)

i have my ipod plugged into the computer, but because i used the ip from my friends ipod... i was backing up HIS files (???)

i discovered that when i was copying the summerboard themes.... i dont have the theme iWii...and right now, thats his default

and i dont have customize installed... but he does

but i learned something... because i didnt know that you didnt have to have your ipod plugged into the computer =/

so yeah... i fuucked up

=(