I seriously messed up my iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by seanmp, Jan 29, 2008.

1. seanmp

seanmp New Member

Alright, so I had jailbroken 1.1.3, then I restored using iTunes 7.6, messed it up, all because I wanted to switch to the official Jailbreak. So I restored using 7.6, not knowing it messes up OktoPrep, get to 1.1.1, jailbreak, install OktoPrep, Try to upgrade to 1.1.2, fail. So then I try again, restore, repeat. Now I can't upgrade to anything or downgrade. I got my computer to finally read my iPod. Except now it's in recovery mode, can't get it out of it and I can't upgrade or anything! I'm on a mac, with 7.5 installed currently, HELP!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Since you're on recovery mode, I suggest you to restore using 1.1.1
  3. lilredeye

lilredeye New Member

I had a similar issue with mine but it was when i tried to restore from a backup. The ipod became bricked with the recovery icon. Every time I tried to restore to 1.1.1 I received an error. This continued for many tries. only after rebooting the whole computer and re-launching itunes was it able to restore again. Might be worth a try.....
  4. m23att

m23att New Member

i had the same problem.

just make sure your ipod is plugged in and appears in itunes
    then press the power button and menu button down and hold.
    wait for your ipod's icon to disappear on itunes, the ipod will then turn off
    once that happens let go of the power button but still hold the menu button down until your ipod re-appears on itune (in about 15secs)
    then restore your ipod as usual

Please Register or Log in to view images