i screwed up.... need help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deaduck3, Jun 22, 2010.

1. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok so i decided i would give my jb iphone 3g on 3.1.3 that i bought used a clean start. I decided to dfu+restore which i have done many times. i also decided to upgrade to ios4 while restoring. apple gives me a popup that says there upgrade server is down. i am on itunes 9.2 also and had it unlocked on tmobile. i got impatient and used my dads mac and he didnt update to itunes 9.2 yet and it let me restore. but now i cant activate it because my sim is with t-mobile. it is fine, just inactivated so i cant use it.

i restored to 3.1.3

how can i hacktivate it? i tried using redsn0w, but for somereason redsn0w wont accept my ipsw.

can i use pwnagetool 4.0? i'm still confused on how to use it, i dled the ******* and opened it and it just opens up the internet and says its going to download and then downloads the exact thing i just opened.

gosh i feel like an idiot...sorry for the wordy post.
  2. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    For redsn0w you must point it to the GM firmware. To download pwnage tool you must open up the ******* file with a bit ******* client such as Vuze. Install vuze then open the ******* file. And no you cannot hacktivate it because your baseband was updated when you updated to 4.0 but a new baseband exploit is soon to come.
  3. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok so how do i direct redsn0w to the gm firmware? i'm guessing i need to find the gm on google and download it? then what?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh and btw i am still on 3.1.3 itunes never actually updated to 4.0 because it said the iphone software update server is temporarily unavailable.

however i am on itunes 9.2
  4. aeren

aeren New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    why use the gm file I think you will be ok using the official iOS 4 and the latest redsnow which is 0.9.5b5-4 and you can use ultrasnow 0.93 to unlock your iphone.
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you are still on 3.1.3 just use redsn0w 0.9.4 and select the 3.1.2 FW
  6. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks, dev-team fixed my problem. i was new to pwnagetool so i didnt know i had to hold option when hitting restore to get the custom ipsw...
  7. SNURTLE

SNURTLE New Member

Hey im having the same problem except mines the 3gs.Im currently on 3.1.3 and cant get passed the emgergency call screen. Could you or anyone tell me what you do to fix it?
  8. deaduck3

deaduck3 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what you need to do is put your iphone into dfu mode if it isnt. Note: this will work if you used pwnage tool 4.01. when you connect your iphone to itunes and it says iphone detected in dfu and must be restored hit ok, then on the "restore" button in itunes hold down option while you click the button. then find the custom ipsw that pwnage tool created for you (automatically saved to your desktop) and select it. After this the restore will work like normal.