I screwed up big time... HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by noextrabone, Mar 14, 2008.

1. noextrabone

noextrabone New Member

I have a 16GB iPod Touch. It's running 1.1.4. I jailbroke it with ZiPhone, then added some sources and some applications to my iPod.

Then since some of them didn't work, I went into WinSCP and changed the version from 1.1.4 to 1.1.3. Later I installed the BossTools v0.35 and chose "Relocate Applications" so I could free up some space for more applications.

Then I went back to work, and my iPod quickly died. I plugged it into my computer, and my battery didn't charge to over 10% after being there for an hour or so.

I was in Installer, and the screen froze, and I turned my iPod off. I rebooted my iPod, and it took about 5 minutes. Then a blank screen came up. I have NO APPLICATIONS at all.

There is NOTHING there.

iTunes won't detect my iPod and neither will ZiPhone to unjailbreak it. The battery is almost dead, and I've tried putting the iPod into restore mode, and that doesn't work. I've tried every USB port on my laptop and nothing works.

I'm running the latest version of iTunes. I need help really bad because my iPod has a blank screen with nothing on it and I can't fix it and iTunes won't detect it for me to restore it and PLEASE any solutions at all!!!
  2. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You have quite the conundrum on your hands don't you? Have you tried putting it in the oven at 450° for 45 minutes?

If you haven't done so already, don't. If it's completely dead, take it to apple. It sounds like your battery might be dead.
  3. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

does it have the screen where it says to plug it into the computer? and i think theres two ways to put it in restore mode, check the sticky
  4. noextrabone

noextrabone New Member

No. What it looks like is the normal ipod screen, with the dock at the bottom and battery meter and wi-fi meter at the top and all, but with NO applications or icons at all. And it keeps refreshing constantly.
  5. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

i think i had the same problem once, i just force restored it. i dont know what else can fix it besides that
  6. noextrabone

noextrabone New Member

Problem Has Been Solved
  7. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

I would recover, if the manual method is not working try

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46739

If the first method does not work try unplugging the ipod from your computer when the apple logo appears, and then plug it back in.

There is a way around it, you just need to keep trying. Unfortunately something has messed up your firmware when you installed it, next time to isolate the issue after you install or change something hold the top button and slide to power off, when you open it again with home if you have an error you will know what caused it.
  8. sumter554

sumter554 New Member

well you could winscp into the ipod and change back whatever u did