iPhone 3G I returned my iPhone 3G within a week of having it and feel bad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ELLDAWG, Jun 6, 2009.

1. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    OK, i have a story and i want your opinion on it and views.

So, i have been a big fan of the apple iPod Touch since it launched and got one, I sold it when the new one was anounced and bought the new one.
    2 weeks ago on holiday I decided to roll my trouses up with some friends and walk through a stream/river and was a bit drunk. I sliped on a rock and lost my balance and ended up getting soaked from falling in.
    That was the day the digitizer stopped working on my beloved iPod Touch 2G.
    When I found out it was broke.... alls what i could think about was replacing it with a nice shiny new iPhone 3G.

I got home from holiday on Friday and went to town the following day (saturday). I went to the local 02 shop to ask if they had the iPhone 3G in stock before i drew out the money from the bank. They had them in stock (8GB).
    I came back with the money and purchased it.

When I was purchasing it the woman asked me if I would like a "demo" so I said, no there is no need, I have owned an ipod touch for over a year and know about all the features on the iPhone and my friend (who I was with) has an iPhone that I always use. The phone was on the 02 network on pay as you go.

A few days later I heard about the apple event on the 8th and started to get suspicious about all the "new" iPhone rumours.

I decided to take it back because it comes with a 14 day period that I can return it in.

I went into the 02 shop today with my freshly restored boxed mint condition iPhone & recipt and asked for my money back, they said is it on pay as you go, I said yes. The woman asked what was wrong with it. I said that "I don't like it" (I love the phone, I don't want to waste my time when a new one is due for release, when this was my only chance to get my money back)
    So she said it was fine and stuff
    I sat down while she was doing the computer stuff and filling out a form and crediting me for my "unused" credit that 02 are going to refund me on aswel

So they were going to fund me all my money I had payed and even the unused credit I had on it SWEET!

When the woman was at the computer and I was seated in front of her.
    Me: So, what happens to the iPhone then.
    Woman: well, we have to send it off, it costs the company alot of money, thats why we give people a demo before they buy them, you refused the demo tho.
    Me: I loved my iPod Touch but the phone just wasnt for me (This is a LIE!)
    Woman: Your the first person to return an iPhone and get there money back because they "don't like it"

So, I got my money back and was happy and walked out the shop.

I could't say that my reason for returning it was because "a new one is rumoured for release" they would of persuaded me that there isnt and its just the new 3.0 software that is coming.

IMPORTANT
    I have some inside info about the 02 shop in Grimsby.
    They mentioned to me that the shop was closing in 2 weeks until the 11th of july.
    I asked why and they said it was a "revamp"
    I personally think that this is because of the new iphone display they are going to be setting up.
    My 02 store has a huge wooden "iPhone 3G" stand with about 8 iPhones on it.
    I think they are revamping that ready for the new iPhone!!!!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump bump
  2. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No offense or anything... but what is your point exactly? (poundering)
    Thats how refunds work.
  3. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    It's okay to feel bad sometimes. You're getting their business anyways when you buy the next generation iPhone.

O2 Gets a lot of money anyways, shipping back one iPhone won't hurt them. If it was a small shop, which was struggling to get money, then I could see why you could feel bad, but this, not really.
  4. sickamore

sickamore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    your point
  5. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    My opinion is that you're lucky 02 gave you the money back without hesitating.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I would have been really mad at you if I was that lady. But oh well.

Maybe the 4G will be released on July 11th, like the 3G.
  6. twigster9

twigster9 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dont feel bad. O2 is a big company and one iPhone 3G return wont hurt them. I think saying that the battery sucks was a better excuse though. It does suck though. When you get the new iPhone, just make sure that that person is helping you.
  7. beebop

beebop New Member

4g???? haha
  8. ELLDAWG

ELLDAWG Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    rofl.... crazy fool
  9. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i wish i could return you to the o2 shop ellwood!
  10. FailSafeIsntSafe

FailSafeIsntSafe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No worries bud, my dad has had the original iPhone for like, ever. I think its a better deal to get the 99 dollars 3G as it is now rather than the new iphone (because it is jailbreakable

Please Register or Log in to view images

) He's gonna get the 3G rather than the 3GS because as of now it is a better investment, especially in these economic times.