I Regret Jailbreaking my iPod.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by iPodTouchHackist, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iPodTouchHackist

iPodTouchHackist New Member

So, i have a 16 GB iPod Touch (Jailbroken) and yesterday I was adding a new source to installer and it went crazy, i mean crazy. Flashing, freezing, changing backgrounds, restarting. And eventually i got it to stay off, it wasnt even responding into iTunes when it was plugged in so I was basically screwed. I called apple and asked what i could do and they couldnt help and they said that since I download third party stuff on it that took off the warrenty. So we filed an appointed to go to an apple store the next day. So, we went the apple store this morning and they couldnt do anything, they found out that i had jailbroken it so now i was pretty much doomed. But, we had an extremely nice guy working with us, and he gave me a brand new ipod touch. I felt soooo relieved so when i got home i put all of my music and videos and crap onto it and now i never ever want to jailbreak my iPod again, It's fun while it lasts until it crashes for good...
  2. racedude

racedude New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would jailbreak it again, you could of restored it... And you could even restore it when you take your new one to the apple store for some reason. But, if you don't want to, that is your desicion. Glad everything worked out!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. F0N3Y

F0N3Y New Member

You just made my day. YOU CALLED APPLE HAHAHAHHA! Dude , wow you really must be slow. Why didn't you restore? Let me guess, did you cry?
  4. Makki

Makki New Member

How could he have restored it when he said it was not working in iTunes?
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

Does anyone read the stickys on this site??

it clearly states that JAILBREAKING VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY so why would you admit to it?

jailbreaking runs smooth for the vast vast vast majority, obviously u just made a tiny mistake somewhere.
    its deffinatly worth it to have it jailbroken, its your choice but i mean come on, one thing goes wrong with gadgets nowadays and ppl say stuff like "its crap" "too hard" "not worth it"

its really like learning to ride a bike, everyone fell when first learning, but you still did it eventually

i guess im just wondering why everyone (new) gives up after one tiny mistake?

also i will bet almost anything that you didnt even look to see about restoring, force restoring, or look up any of the symptoms of the problems you were having

why people why?!

STICKYS ARE THERE TO HELP YOU, read them
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

couldnt he have done a force restore??
  7. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

LOL @ the irony of your screen name now that you don't want to hack it.
    You should have restored your ipod if you were having problems like that, those problems are not normal
  8. tag009

tag009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    the same thing happened to me, but i would have NEVER called apple! the screen would flash black and white stripes after i would restart it. all i had to do was force restore (hold down both buttons, then let go of sleep button when apple logo appears) and it showed a picture telling me to plug it into itunes. then itunes recognized the device in force recover mode and let me restore it.
  9. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

of course he could have, but i dont think he botherd to look for a solution before running to apple for help

bottom line, he got lucky that they didnt just take away his warranty

NEVER admit to apple or where you bought ur ipod that uve jailbroken its common sense really
  10. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

thank you, i still have hope for humanity because you actually managed learn about ur ipod before doing ne thing to it, unlike so many that are flooding into this site

and srry guys if it seems im a real downer today, im just pissed about helping disco pimp for like an hour and half last night (he screwed up and didnt bother reading or listening to ALL the instructions) only to find him b*tching in a new thread about "not one person knowing wat they are doing here" to help HIM! WTF is that? ppl understand this is a community site and not an official company or sumthing right?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.