I really need some help im going insane

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by joshua_davis18, Feb 10, 2008.

1. joshua_davis18

joshua_davis18 New Member

OK here is what has been going on for jailbreaking 1.1.3

1. I have tried the official dev team jailbreak about 5 times now and it just stays at "Downloading restore ispw: 0%.
    Every time i try it i start from complete scratch

2. I have tried to do the ipodtouchmaster (ipod elite team) jailbreak and that is not working...though this has worked for me about 3 other times before, but just aint doing it today.

So if anybody could please help me im getting pretty frustrated. I have been trying to do this for about 12 hours now, trying to find out the problem but no cigar

Thanks
  2. Lore

Lore New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)

Try starting over from 1.1.1 and once you do the jailbreak and install oktoprep make sure you are shift-clicking upgrade in iTunes not restore that seems to create a bit of a problem. Also when you do the touchfree jailbreak to get installer back on 1.1.2 make sure its not installing SSH. Then I recommend doing ipodtouchmasters 1.1.3 Jailbreak, but you need to have BSD Subsystem, services, and SSH installed for you to use it. Once you install those 3 apps make sure you reboot and then do the 1.1.3 jailbreak.
  3. joshua_davis18

thank you for the reply....

i will try this and post back with results
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

"1. I have tried the official dev team jailbreak about 5 times now and it just stays at "Downloading restore ispw: 0%."

The JB has to download the software from the Apple website, and it is getting stuck at this point. Make sure you have a working internet connection on the touch and a strong wifi signal. It could also be that the apple website the software is being pulled from is under heavy demand.

My broadband can be pretty flakey at times, I have had to turn off and back on both broadband modem and wireless router this weekend because I could not get any internet access, but weirdly the connection was shown as good and the router admin had all the correct ip and dns settings.
  5. joshua_davis18

ok still not working.......i follwed ipodtouchmasters youtube video STEP BY STEP but still not working. Once its finished it just stays in 1.1.2. I tried restarting, force restarting and tried his other source to add the iphone apss and that didnt work. Anymore ideas??
  6. pantherzfinest

pantherzfinest New Member

me, i jailbroke my ipod 3 times. once with nate true's method, with the special edition ibrickr. and the next to times was wit ijailbreak. the first time i tried it, teh installer went haywire. so the next time, it worked fine. my ipod accdently went into restore mode and i used the regular ibrickr to 'restore' it. this was a week and a half ago. so far, no problems.

if you want to use this method, u need a strong internet connection and some time.
    jailbreak to 1.1.2 regularly (its suggested to go to 1.1.2. less problems)
    then add: http://jailbreak.com/repo.plist to your souces
    scroll down to 'iJailBreakMobile' and download teh 1.1.2 version
    run the program and make sure u have internet

the program dloads the new firmware, extracts it and everything. good luck