I really need help

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by reaper00004, Sep 18, 2010.

1. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I might get a new computer soon(current one is horrible and not worth upgrading since i found a nice deal on a new one. 1gb ram, 1.6 ghz)

But i need to get my music on my new one. I didnt change the id tags of the mp3s, i only changed the album art/names in itunes

how do I get it all on the new computer without spending hours making sure everything's labeled correctly?

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks
  2. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    How large is your music library? If you can fit it on a flash drive or blank CD/DVD I would just copy the files over. Install iTunes and it should automatically recognize the library. Just make sure you authorize the computer. (from the file menu: Store > Authorize this computer)
  3. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It can fit in one flashdrive

but not all the songs are from itunes and have incomplete id tags

are you saying that all my library info is connected to my account?

Please Register or Log in to view images

would "export library" help me
    it's am .xml

--
    i opened the library xml
    apparently it keeps track of the original mp3 and all the changes i made to the names

looks like it's good but what should i do if i need to move my songs to another folder?

won't I have to manually change them again
  4. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I just copied the "iTunes" folder from my old computer's "My Music" folder and put it in the "My Music" folder on my new one. Hold shift down on your keyboard and double-click iTunes. Select the library at C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes library.itl and hit OK. It should load up.

Assuming your on windows of course... and I was using XP on both computers.
  5. reaper00004

reaper00004 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    hm i consolidated my music

i hope itunes on the new comp will go through them so theyre labeled correctly
  6. Dalton63841

Dalton63841 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just an observation of mine...I backup my entire iTunes folder from "My Music" to a Freenas server. I have moved it from one computer to another and the only thing it's ever lost was the album artwork that iTunes automatically collected. Even the artwork I put in manually was kept. The only thing I've ever had to do after moving a library to a new computer was highlight everything and choose "Collect Album Artwork".

My iTunes Library is almost 13GB. I couldn't wrap my head around redoing all that...