I really need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Silvermoon101, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Silvermoon101

Silvermoon101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and the last thing I wanted to do was to make a whole new thread but, after extensive searching and not being able to find any threads that had a similar problem to mine I decided this was my last hope.

Recently my friend asked me to jailbreak his iPod touch 2g so i take it home, connect it to itunes with everything going normal. I start up blackra1n and start the jailbreak process. At first the process was going fine until blackra1n tried to put the iPod into recovery mode to complete itself. Unfortunately this is where things go bad. Blackra1n stopped responding midway through putting the iPod into recovery mode so I was forced to close it. I tried to turn on the iPod to no avail. The screen stayed black and it didn't respond to anything. Even iTunes didn't recognize it. I let it sit for a while then tried to connect to iTunes again and once again nothing could recognize the iPod as connected. Until today the iPod has been like this. Earlier I tried connecting to iTunes again to see if anything changed and iTunes finally recognized it as an iPod in recovery mode. I clicked restore but right when it is about to finish iTunes comes up with an error #1601. I looked for the solution and all I got from apple was to remove all iTunes products and reinstall. It didn't work. I looked for other solutions that included restarting the computer, switching usb cords, switching usb ports, and trying the soft reset on the iPod (holding the power and home buttons together). Right now the screen turns bright white (white screen of death some people say) when iTunes tries to restore it.

Some additional information is that no buttons respond at all on the iPod and that it is a 2G 8 gig iPod Touch that is only a couple weeks old. I've tried every solution I could find and nothing is working. I really don't want to have to buy a new iPod.
  2. Anouthen

Anouthen New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think blackra1n is for the 3rd gen ?
    Am i wrong?
  4. Anouthen

Anouthen New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Blackra1n JB's any generation of iPod Touch but, you have to be running the latest firmware 3.1.2
  5. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    are you sure it was running 3.1.2? if it wasnt thats a bad thing!
  6. Silvermoon101

Silvermoon101 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yes the iPod is running 3.1.2 it was completely up to date before I started the jailbreak process. I did this on my iPod not that long ago so I'm not sure if the problem is the programs or just a simple case of bad luck.