I really need help its an emergency!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kyle hultgren, Oct 18, 2009.

1. kyle hultgren

kyle hultgren Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I just sold my iPhone 2G and bought an iphone 3G off craigslist from someone and it has the new baseband. I have an at&t prepaid sim that worked fine with the 2g but now wont work with the 3g. Is there any way to get sim card to work with the new baseband or am I screwed. I read something about creating a custom profile or something and I need a straight answer! HELPPP!
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

The at+t prepaid will not work in a locked iPhone. One option is to get a legitimate account if you want to use the 3G.

Also, there is a slim chance you can downgrade the baseband (and unlock the phone). You need to jailbreak it and run fuzzyband (downloadable through Cydia). If you are on the 5.08 bootloader you are in luck but that really only happens with a small percentage of the 3G's.
  3. jalexis4192

jalexis4192 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, probably dumb (no stupid questions exist right?), but is the 3G prepaid compatible...? As for the sim card, probably get a contract sim, been working fine for me, and i've activated countless times in the like 5 months that i've had my 3G.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

There are two prepay accounts but the most common is the GoPhone (the other is some BS "Pick Your Plan" thing).

You can still activate the iPhone with the GoPhone SIM but I never had luck getting service with it (I was a GoPhone customer a year or so ago). I'd definitely try it if I were the OP but I don't think it will work.