I Really Need Help! (cuteftp)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account 92, Feb 29, 2008.

1. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

i have been using cuteftp for months and it has been fine. all of a sudden when i want to connect, a popup comes up saying username and password. this has never happened before, it usually just connects. i try alpine as the password but it doesnt work. so now i cant SSH into my ipod. ill upload a screenie...

Attached Files:

2. jls25

jls25 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    isnt it..for the itouch... username root and pass. alpine?
  3. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Try deleteing that connection and create a new one. See if it connects right away. If not, then you might want to Install a fix from installer called: SUID Lib Fix
    If I am correct, SUID Lib Fix fixes the Terminal/SSH password, which is alpine. SUID is found under Tweaks 1.1.3.
    If you still having problem, then you might want to resinstall OpenSSH or the CuteFTP.
  4. deleted account 92

i already deleted connections and reinstalled cuteftp with the patch. ill try that fix. idk if it will work, im on 1.1.2.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Well, if the fix doesn work for you then you might try chaging CuteFTP to WinSCP. I prefer you use WinSCP.
  6. deleted account 92

i am so pissed off right now! i cant connect to cuteftp, i cant conect to WinSCP, should i just restore!?!?!? i hate restoring so much because it takes days to get back to normal!! AHH! and now if i do restore i cant backup because i cant connect!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. deleted account 92

idk what happened before but now i restored and its all good...