I really need advice on weather to get the iPad or not

Discussion in 'iPad' started by theflexxxman, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I have a choice. I either get the nexus one (which was originally planned) or I get the iPad (which i was recently tempted to buy) what should I get im so confused. I do have an iPod touch 3G but err I just cannot think.
  2. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Well, it depends if you need a phone or not. The Nexus One is worse than the iPod touch unless you get a data plan. The iPad is pricey but cool. Why not sell the iPod touch and get an iPhone?
  3. theflexxxman

theflexxxman Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    i dont like iPhones they are over hyped thats why i look up to the nexus for being andriod and a powerhouse... but the iPads screen just looks amazing and thats why im stuck in the middle.

p.s I do need a phone
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well if a phone is needed, go with your first choice, the Nexus One.
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Nexus one is old news (Still a great phone), but I would go for the HTC incredible. Its basically a better built (Note: optical trackball

Please Register or Log in to view images

) Nexus with HTC Sense UI goodness spread all over it. Yum.

Better yet, wait for the HTC EVO!!
    PRODUCTIVITY
    * 3G/4G capability
    * Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ QSD8650 (1GHz) processor
    * 4.3” capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback
    * World-class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks
    * Android 2.1, with access to more than 30,000 apps on Android Market
    * GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM
    * Access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words
    * Sprint Navigation, with turn-by-turn driving directions and 3D maps
    * Updated HTC Sense, award-winning user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates
    * Visual voicemail
    * Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging
    * 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
    * 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.
    * 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.
    ENTERTAINMENT
    * 8MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash and 1.3MP front-facing camera
    * High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds
    * Capture and share HD-quality video (720p) from your phone
    * Output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via HDMI cable (sold separately)
    * Live video sharing with Qik
    * Built-in kickstand for hands-free viewing
    * Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack
    * FM radio and Amazon MP3 store
    * Sprint applications including Sprint TV® and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile(SM)
    * Bluetooth® 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR
    * Built-in WiFi®: 802.11 b/g
    * Digital compass, G-Sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS
    * Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    * Dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x .5″ (LxWxT)
    * Weight: 6 ounces
    * Main display: 4.3” WVGA (800×480) 65K colors
    * Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery
    * Memory: 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM

All topped with Sense UI!
  6. Our_Mountain_of_Ideas

Our_Mountain_of_Ideas New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would say sell the iPod Touch and go with an iPhone. I know you stated that it's "overhyped," but the fact is that it clearly had enough draw to you to not only get you to buy a Touch, but also look into buying an iPad.

After that, I would make my next purchase an iPad. I love mine.
  7. jeremiah239

jeremiah239 Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    OMG the HTC EVO is gonna be amazing I cant wait!!!!!!
  8. Max Peck

Max Peck Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Obviously it all depends on what your needs (wants?) are. In my case I don't find myself needing to be "online" all that much when I'm away from my main computer or the house. I was using a Smart Phone but I decided that an occasional Google search (that I could always wait to do when I got home or to a WiFi hotspot) wasn't worth $30/month. So ... I have a basic old phone (SLVR) and an 3G iPod Touch 32G. Saves $30/month and gets the same job done.

If you've already got a good notebook machine an iPad is an expensive toy. If you don't already have one then it might be worth considering. Don't expect it to be a high-volume device if you, say, write books or do software development as I do. You'll tire of an onscreen keyboard in a heartbeat if you need to input a lot of data.

Having said that, though - I took a look at an iPad. I had to lock my wallet to my body to keep me from buying one. They are seriously compelling!

-Max
  9. EMH

EMH Active Member

Buy it. I picked one up yesterday and all I use my $2200 gaming rig for anymore is gaming. It's just so much easier to use the iPad for stuff like web browsing, apps, email, etc. I sold my Zune HD I bought in September (bad decision) for it and I definitely don't regret it. If you do get one, I'd recommend the 16GB, since AirShare takes care of any storage issues because of videos.
    I was especially surprised at how fast I can type on the keyboard (in landscape, that is), so Pages is a welcome addition.
  10. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    my dad has a nexus one and i have to say, they r pretty frikkin amazing! there are heeps of free apps and i just sit and play with it for hours. the touchscreen is as good as the ipad and i think it is better to have a nexus one because the ipad IS just a giant ipod touch...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.