I really messed up my ipod, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mydogskip, Jan 19, 2010.

1. mydogskip

mydogskip New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay so l have a 2nd Gen ipod touch 32 GB

Somehow, the sleep/power button broke, I'm not sure exactly how. I've dropped my ipod before but it was still working after the last time I remember dropping it.

It's out of warranty and I didn't really want to take it to apple anyway. I also didn't want to try and fix the button myself. So I decided to jailbreak it and download a program that would essentially replace the button.

I got it jailbroken and downloaded some stuff, no problem. I turned it on and off a few times with no problems too. Then I tried to download some extension for rock or something (I don't exactly remember) through cydia. The ipod froze (little wheel was spinning endlessly) and I couldn't reset it because of the broken power button. I read online that if that happened I could try deleting the last thing I downloaded to fix it. I SSHed into the ipod and deleted the rock extension but it didn't fix it, and then I deleted cydia.

The ipod was still frozen and I didn't know what else to do, so I just let the battery die. However, when I plugged it back in and it tried to boot itself up, it shows the apple logo for about ten minutes, then flashes white, goes back off, and then goes back the apple logo for ten minutes, etc. It's been doing that for the past day and a half.

I really didn't know what I was doing and I definitely don't know how to fix the ipod now, if there's even anything I can do. Help please?
  2. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    im not sure what you could do since it has a broken power button,if all else fail's get some instruction online to fix the button?
  3. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    maybe take it to apple and don't let them know you jailbroke it? :/
  4. lolpeople345

lolpeople345 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    restore it, and make sure its the latest firmware that might help. you should be able to start up ur ipod fine but you will have to jailbreak it again. and dont take ur ipod in if it is jailbroken
  5. d.wig

d.wig New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Have you thought about taking it to an apple retail store just to get a quote on how much it would cost to replace it? maybe the problem isnt that big of a deal to fix.