I really fu..ed up my ipod,please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blld, Jan 27, 2008.

1. blld

blld New Member

I''ve been pulling my hair out for the last week.First,I used Bosstool to erase all all the contains(musics&videos)thinking that I could get them back from itunes library.But when I try to go to Itunes,it says that itunes can't read the contents of the ipod and I need to restore it to factory settings,i really don't want to do that but seems like I have no choice.Then when I decided: what the heck,restore it,it then say that it could not connect to itunestore,WTF?(I have not been able to connect to itunes for a week already)I can do not thing with my ipod now,no musics or videos and can't even restore it,even manually.Please help me guys.Thanks
  2. Leximas

Leximas New Member

u just need to restore or downgrade back down to 1.1.1 and pray, if tht doesnt work contact ipodtouchmaster05 or ipodtouchhacker they will probaly know

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. ben471

ben471 New Member

Put it in recovery mode, that will make itunes recognize it. Then you can restore.

1. plug it into your computer
    2. hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button for a very long time until the apple logo shows up.
    3. Then let go of the sleep/wake button and continue holding the home button until your computer recognizes it.
    4. it will same somthing about a device in recovery mode, get into itunes and restore.
  4. blld

blld New Member

Like i said,Itunes would say"Itunes can't read the contents on the device,need to restore to factory settings"",and when I click on restore,it would say" can't connect to itunes store or sever"
  5. blld

blld New Member

I've done everything I thought would solve this.Un-and re-insatlled Itunes more than 4-5 times,restored computer twice,last night I used recovery disks and recovered the whole thing for more than 5 hrs.and none of those helped.I guess I have to use my work computer to restore it to original settings tomorrow when I get to work.