I Propose An Idea.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nickll9009, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok this sub-forum is starting to get a bit cluttered. So I propose that we should enforce these rules:

• ONLY the Developer of the application can make a release thread
    • Applications releases should be in - Name | Developer | Description | Download Link | Cydia Info | Manual/Cydia Installation Directions | Other format
    • Any non-application release threads/threads where the developer is not the one writing the OP will be DELETED

Some people (Developers, etc.) will get mad when THEIR application is in a release thread, and THEY didn't make it.

Also here is the format sample:

Code:
    Name: Sample App

Developer: Nickll9009

Description: This is a sample application.

Download Link: This Post

Cydia Info: On BigBoss repo

Directions:

SSH into /Applications and do:

[CODE]chmod -R 0755 /Applications/SampleApp.app
    For Cydia install just refresh your sources and search for "SampleApp"[/CODE]

Feel free to post your questions/comments.

Total Agree Count: 2

EDIT: Ok, here's a revised rule.

• You CAN post about a released app, IF you throughly SEARCH the forums to make sure NO ONE has posted about it, ALSO you CAN'T make it sound like YOU made the app.
  2. davidc95

davidc95 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  3. beebop

beebop New Member

i think it's fine as it is tbh
  4. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

I agree the release section is cluttered with irrelevant threads so I think some type of system should be implemented.
  5. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think its a great idea and everything... But how would the word about an application get out to everyone if the developer doesn't have an iPodTouchFans account? It doesn't?

It's a great idea, but I don't think it should be made. Not every developer in the world will have an account here. I think that, all release's should be on the lines of your "Example Thread and Information" but I do not agree about the part where ONLY the developer can create release threads.

But then, if you do have the rules that way... Not everyone will read them and someone will end up posting with a sh*tty release thread of some sort that breaks this rule. Then they get an infraction?

I'm voting for a no.
  6. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, I kinda agree. But a super mod could make it one of those things were after you login you can't use the site until you read it.