I press Dial and nothing happens???

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by bard1290, Jan 1, 2008.

1. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ive done everything in all of the tutorials...and ive searched and i havent found anything on this....im using voipraider and yes i have the registrar as sip.voipraider.com and i have the application on my computer installed and have made an account. i have completed a call from my computer to my cell phone, but when i try on the ipod touch i press dial and the button switches to "hangup" and my phone doesnt ring. i tried my cell phone and house phone. i have tried the following input methods of the number 001(area code)(7 digit number) and also just 1(area code)(7 digit number) and last but not least just (area code)(7 digit number). Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    try restarting your ipod. Then try again. Thats what i had to do. It took a long time for my first call. Just wait a minute then it will work.
  3. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you very much i didnt even have time to edit my last post...i did that and now it works.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    mine doesn't even switch to anything, just stays as dial
  5. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    touchmods says that it is the first one, and needs time to connect to the first connection, so leave it for 2 minutes then try it.
  6. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    leave it at the make a call screen or leave it after you press dial?
  7. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    after u press dial
  8. bard1290

bard1290 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    in the main tuts I think they should add that you need to wait for the first call to connect...for all of the impatient people out there like me ha...because after about four seconds and no response I would just try it again.
  9. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

here what i did

for password and username i changed it to put a cap letter first cuz the ipod does it when i enter my password and username in the sip-viop app and i also made a call on the pc first...if u have a sound error or sumthin i rem a guy posted 1st on this thread his problem i got the same which mean u need a mic set up on ur comp and than call than i called on my itouch with the same number i called on my pc rem if u in US do this 001(zip)(number)
    and wait to know if it works u will hear sum sound...hope this work...wait for 2 mins and rebot than try again
  10. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Still not working here... just sits on 'hangup'

I have tried both capital and lowercase letters fo my password and sip, and I have rebooted, and left it for up to 5 minutes after hitting 'dial'. I am also trying with VoipRaider.