I-pod Vs I-phone wifi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cstoliker, Jun 16, 2009.

1. cstoliker

cstoliker New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Two of my band mates and I were sitting in my car waiting for a pizza. I have an I-pod touch 2g and they have I-phones. They were able to detect & connect to two wifi hotspots from the area and my I-pod did not even detect them. Given, the signal strength was low but I though I-pod & I-phones had the same wifi hardware. Is my I-pod some how defective or is this just one more thing the I-phones do better?
  2. azntiger1000

azntiger1000 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    To my knowledge I believe its the same. I'm guessing even tho they are said they are connected to wifi, their 3g/edge might be kicking in to help surf the web.
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yup, that's the main difference between the iPod touch and iPhone... The touch can only use WiFi to access the Internet whereas for the iPhone, there is the option of 3G as well as EDGE, in addition to WiFi...

Which is why the wireless signal reception for the iPhone is more sensitive than the touch...

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. JadaSki

JadaSki Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its because they have 3g and edge that kind of boosts the wifi to a little farther then the ipod, try using an app like wifiget or something like that, its much better then the default wifi finder in the ipod
  5. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Could you have bumped an older thread?