I-Pod Touch Questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kanye, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Kanye

Kanye Banned

I recently had my birthday and am looking to get a Touch. But I have a few questions. Help me out here, Im not a tech guy,

I dont have wirelesss internet, but if I get the Touch I need it(internet is big for me). Couldnt I buy a wireless router and hook it up to my modem to hav internet? Someone told me but Im not sure.

How much can the 8GB Touch hold? Im not a 1500 song kind of guy. I like songs, movies, and videos. What about a 16GB?

Im confused about Wi-fi. If I go to school could I have internet? Or does it depend? What about just some random place? Do I just go to Safari and browse the internet? What would I need to do?

Sorry, for all the questions, but Im seriously considering getting this.
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok Good job BUY ONE!! Videos if you format them to a low resolution shouldn't take up much space, I have about 1200 songs 135 Videos and about 1000 pictures and still have about 6 GB left, my videos hold about 2GB and songs hold about 5GB so I guess about 3000 songs or more but just songs can be put on the 16GB touch. It depends on the bytes of songs.

Internet, well you can access free wifi, or go to McDonalds and Pay lousy $3.00, for Access, If your school doesn't let you into websites, just go here. on your touch

https://vtunnel.com/

Welcome! any more questions please let me know!
  3. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    What videos do you have that only take up a tiny 2 GB? If you format a DVD to use on your iPod touch (the entire process takes around 5-15 hours depending on your software, could be less if you use low resolution and bad sound quality), they take up about .5 to 2 GB each.

You will NOT regret buying an iPod touch. I got so much more than I paid for--GameBoy Advance and NES emulation, a wide variety of games, iPhone apps, and some other non-Jailbroken features like YouTube and Safari.

I would invest in a wireless router. It's great for XBOX Live, portable devices, and laptop computers. Get a good one and you can use it from your neighbor's house.
  4. yoyorks

yoyorks Member

almost every single dvd i ripped with awesome quality was 700mb, dunno why yours are 2 gb.

but def, 16gb is worth it man
  5. dean11

dean11 New Member

Okay if you dont have a wireless router but have broadband internet then get yourself a usb wireless wifi dongle. Their about 10 bucks on ebay. With the videos, you can reduce (with the right software) an average 2hr movie to about 700mb and the quality will still be decent.