iPhone 3GS i Phone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipodmanfan, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Has any 1 been fortunate enough to get 1 of the new i phones 3GS released on Friday and if so can you use redsnow to jailbreak it? I know the Dev Team have said don't use Redsnow for the new i phone but earlier in the blog theDev team wrote they were un certain. I appreciate that the Dev Team have 1 of the i phone 3GS in there possesion and ran tests but contrary to what was said earlier here. Can any 1 comfirm this? Please don't be silly enough to try the jailbreak with the 3GS.
    The following from Dev team blog:
    # If you apply our jailbreak when it comes out, you can install ultrasn0w anytime after that. You obviously won’t have cell service in the meantime, though.
    # This may in fact be directly applicable to the iPhone 3GS if it can be jailbroken, because it runs the same baseband version. Whether or not it can be jailbroken is a big question right now!
  2. iamkewl

iamkewl Banned

what?..

no. you can't use redsn0w or ultrasn0w or any other kind of sn0w on the 3GS.
  3. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Ok read the post again PLEASE what I'm trying to find is a blog from the Dev Team that they have ran tests on the 3GS, it only mentions do not use redsnow for the 3GS on the release notes for Redsnow. In other words what I'm trying to establish have the Dev Team ran tests etc. and where are the written blogs about it?
  4. LasciviousXXX

LasciviousXXX Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    As far as my searching goes I haven't seen any blogs they've written about it so asking anyone except for the Dev team prob isn't going to yield the results you're looking for.

Sorry man
  5. blewis540

blewis540 New Member

I attempted 3 times now to jailbreak using redsn0w to see if it would each time it finishes and does not reboot, I manually reboot and there isn't any change or addition of cydia
  6. hotcereal

hotcereal Banned

So the dev team says don't use it, but you want to go ahead and do it anyways. Awesome logic you got going there.
  7. blewis540

blewis540 New Member

being that it is my device, I can use whatever I wish on it ^_^