I paid $20 and I'd do it again

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Lurkerlou, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou New Member

I know this is really the opposite of a great many people here and although it would have been nice to get the update for free...... at the time it wasn't offered for free and "to me" it's worth the $20.

Puts flame suit on.

I'm not saying everyone will like paying the $20 or the fact that apple won't back out of the $20 charge but to me I've paid a lot more for a lot less. I've got $60 worth of useless iPod touch cases that I bought when the touch came out just because it was all I could find at the time.

Money doesn't grow on trees for me but I've paid more for things far less functional than this update.

I've been using the news aps and am very happy.
  2. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

3. bklynsoulja

bklynsoulja New Member

what news app?
  4. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

The facts remain that apps won't work everywhere you go. That being said, is it really worth it to pay $20 for something that won't even work all the time?
  5. Omega Chaos

Omega Chaos Banned

Yes. Wanna try it out the legal way? Buy it and see.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For someone using a regular un-jailbroken iPod touch, its definitely a good thing, even though the iPod touch should have came with those apps anyway, but for someone with a jailbroken iPod, its a major downgrade pretty much.

Bitter.
  7. Parrappa

Parrappa New Member

What are you talking about?
  8. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

I'm with you. $20 isn't much to pay in my opinion. Do I kinda miss some things from my jailbroken touch? Sure, especially the summerboard themes, but I don't regret upgrading. Apple hasn't ever let me down, and I'm sure the new apps that are coming will be worth the 20 bucks. I'm sure they aren't all going to be free, but they will be supported, upgradeable, and legal.
  9. Dbajj

Dbajj New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well I suppose it isn't really a bad thing to buy the apps, but when I already have them on my iPod Touch it does seem like kind of a waste to just go and downgrade.

I would much rather have the freedom to install what I want rather than what Apple chooses for me.

Now if they release some major new addons such as a flash player then it might be different, but if I upgraded now I would be paying $20 for something I already have.
  10. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    You guys are crazy we can do almost the exact same thing with a 1.1.2 jailbroken ipod touch its stupid to pay for it if we can already do it