I only need help for one more thing to finish the app

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by ipodgreatmaster, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK. Hello to everyone.
    Im making a Golf Card. I have make everything to work except one thing which is the most important thing for the app. To save the score. I have to put images later and that will finish the app. The problem is that i do not know anything about saving apps. I need that the user can click save and then they just can come back and see it again. Someone tell me in other forum that if i am working with the score in one xib and trying to save that in another xib is impossible to save it. I thing that this person makes just a completly noob comentary.

So this is how my app works.The score is entered in text fields and in the bottom there is a boton that is named save. This View is in a xib file named OnePlayer. It has a uiview controller subclass file named OnePlayerController. Were i want to save the game is in another Xib named SavedGames. It has a tableView there. It also has an UIView Controller Subclass file named SavedGamesController. So what i want is that when people clic save it just appears in Saved Games View.

Please I need this in the most simple method. Explain the most detailed possible how to do this.
    Sorry if you dont understand me for my explanation or my english.
    Thanks
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

NSUserDefaults
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks Skylar. Can you give me a guide or a link to a good guide of how to use this please?
  5. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Your welcome.
  6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

http://developer.apple.com

and forget having a "Save" button, that's horrible. People expect the application to save data automatically when the app is closed. Do that instead. Or, alternatively, do both. But don't do just a "Save."
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly, but i'm going to end my help here, as this kid is lazier than i am.
    http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/11604-need-help.html
    He got all the information he needs, plus a tutorial, and he still insists on it being done for him.
  8. ipodgreatmaster

ipodgreatmaster Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks to everybody. My problem was solved. Im going to make what Skylar say from the button. Thanks really. Now my app is finally complete.

@Stephen.4: i post that minutes before of posting this thread. i was looking for the solution like 3 weeks ago. i was really "lazy". Sorry by do not post your name in post number 4. By some reason i dont see your post. Thanks for your help
  9. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No worries, at least you posted an apology after, like many wouldn't have.
    Good luck with your application.