I never thought I'd go to the Apple side...

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by sakurarocket, Jun 23, 2009.

1. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

Hi everybody, I'm new here (obviously) and just wanted to introduce myself.

Let me start by saying that my old MP3 player was a Zen Vision M which I thought was oh so great, but then it took a dump for no reason and I *finally* decided to just get an iPod touch. Before I got my touch, I stayed far away from anything that Apple made. I don't quite know why... maybe because iPods are so popular and I didn't want to be an "iSheep"? Now I realize that there's a reason they sell so many.

I seriously never thought I'd get an i-anything, but I have to say, I'm really happy with my shiny new iTouch. I am now officially converted. If only the iPhone had a physical keyboard, I'd get one of those in a heartbeat.

So, yeah, now I'm kind of wondering what took me so long

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now to figure out this whole jailbreaking thing...
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol. I never really liked anything Apple made, except iPods, but now I want a Macbook.

Jailbreaking is easy. Just look at the iPod touch 2G jailbreak section, and you should be able to get it working easily.

don't use anything other than redsn0w 0.7 for a 3.0 jailbreak, though. Nothing else works as smooth as redsn0w.
  3. sakurarocket

sakurarocket New Member

I've got 2.2.1, as I'm not convinced enough to spend $10 to upgrade to 3.0 yet. Is quickpwn okay for what I've got? I'm trying to figure out this whole IPSW thing right now.

Ah new toys, so fun to play with and modify

4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    QuickPwn won't work for your iPod touch. Try to find a link to Redsn0w 0.3. A user named Jawcl has a link in his sig and I think that there is a link to it in a sticky in the Redsn0w sub-forum. To jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.3 put your iPod into DFU mode (it will guide you) and then wait a while for the Program to do it's thing.
  5. Paul Shepard

Paul Shepard New Member

Like Sakurarocket I fought against iPod just beacuse it was an iPod but gave in after an audio engineer put me right. Best move so eh!
    Now I hope you lot can help me get the best from this small but expensive toy, especially loading iplayer downloads.
  6. iPodTouchMastermind88

iPodTouchMastermind88 Banned

QuickFreedom is what I used for my jailbreak. Of course I didn't know about redsn0w 0.3... but still.. QuickFreedom is a safe bet.

http://www.quickfreedom.com/
  7. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  8. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Everybody starts off hating Apple because it's the "status-quo", however, once you buy one of their products, you're sold for life