I Need Your Advice Please, From a Newbie

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tinbin, Feb 9, 2009.

1. tinbin

tinbin New Member

Hi M8s
    I need your help and advice please, my son has just jailbreaked his ipod touch 2g16, the touch didn’t have any apps on it before the Jailbreak. Will the Jailbreak still work ,and will he be able to go on the apple store with out any problem .The only things he had stored on his touch is a movie and some youtube videos before the jailbreak .

Thank You
  2. 0xjf

0xjf Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
  3. tinbin

tinbin New Member

Thank you for the link m8, it’s a question my son is asking and is still very new to this. There wasn’t any apps on his touch before jailbroken, did you need to have any apps on the touch for the jailbreak to work properly hope it makes sense in what I am saying.
  4. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    you can still use apps from the app store. you can also install cydia which is like an aftermarket app store that has stuff apple does not want you to have, like theme changers and toggles and much more.

you do not need to have any apps on the ipod before you jail break it. i had stuff on mine, but after the jailbreak i had to resync all the items back that were on there pre-jail break.
  5. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    yeah. u can still go into the apple store, and get stuff. which is a nice thing. also, u can get this app from cydia called mxtube which u can download youtube videos on ur ipod so u don't need wifi to watch them. kinda cool. just a word of advice. if u ever have problems with the ipod, and u are gonna call up apple or go to an apple store, don't say u jailbroke it, and restore to default factory settings before...
  6. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

good advice

also, a few more tips...
    Remind him that he CANNOT reboot without a pc
    If you get winterboard from Cydia - MAKE SURE NOT TO REBOOT (There is a tutorial on how to do this)
    And after JB'ing.... DONT LET iTUNES restore! - manually re-sync your items
  7. tinbin

tinbin New Member

Thank you all so much for your kind replies is it ok if I need to ask you again for your help and advice please. I apricate all the help and advice I get from m8s.

Thank You