i need you guys' opinions please.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pac12321, Jun 5, 2010.

?

should i get an ipad or not?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. no

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im thinking about getting an ipad. i would use it mostly for movies. i would also use it for some apps/games. i was thinking to keep maybe 5 movies and a season of my favorite anime show on at one time, so ill always have something to watch... what size of ipad do you guys think i should get, or should i not even get one?
    please post your opinions, thanks
  2. Qwedgeonline

Qwedgeonline Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you plan on buying movies and the anime shows on iTunes, then get a 32GB. If you're burning them onto your computer, then get a 16GB. If you haven't noticed, iTunes's file sizes are outrageous! And if you decide to get one, call your local Apple store and ask them to use the Notify Me service. They'll reserve and iPad for you, and you'll get an email notification as to when you can go pick it up.
  3. dunuck

dunuck Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you plan to have lots of movies/animes and apps, music and what not
    I say go for the 64GB model you wont regret it, its nice to have the extra space. Remember this: it is better to have extra space than not having enough space

Go big or go home
  4. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    thanks guys, im pretty sure im gunna get the 32/64 one, and im going to be buying all the pokemon series and rippin them to my computer for my ipad, but then again ill have movies, songs, and some big apps on it...

and one more thing, what is the advantage of the wifi+3g over wifi? just internet everywhere i go? and that has to cost monthly doesnt it? and how much would that be?

thanks
  5. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I think just the Wi-Fi version 32 GB would be fine for your needs. And the 3G costs really depend on where you live, but they are pretty pricey anywhere you are.
  6. Samphotog

Samphotog Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    $25 a month
  7. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ooh yeah, well summer job wont cover that... XD anywho idk im still deciding on 32-64 gb... i have a pretty good job for the summer working with my moms boyfriend, and i will have enough money my second payment (cash payments ftw) for an ipad, whether it is 32 or 64... but i mean i kinda want the 64 so i can take a few seasons at once...and right now i have about 20 movies i wanna watch, ranging from 500mb to about 750mb, and like 2 at about 1.1gb....but what i really want is the anime seasons.... im deciding on whether or not i should buy an external hard drive too, for when i go on family trips. i looked into that and i can get a terabyte for about 90-100 dollars, so lead me in the right direction if you guys know of anything that is cheaper or anything like that....oh and im going to be looking for a case for it too, something that covers the whole ipad, like something you can zip up when you arent using it, but like when you are, you dont even have the casee on it...if ya know what i mean...lol thanks again you guys
  8. Gangsta692

Gangsta692 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    32GB would be plenty for me. I've got a 32GB iPod Touch 3G, where half+ is music. I imagine you wouldn't have that much music on your iPad, rather on iPod/iPhone, so that's plenty for movies. But if you're in doubt if the 32GB will be enough, get the 64GB. At end of your last post; do you mean a sleeve? lol
  9. pac12321

pac12321 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ummm yeah kinda like a sleeve.......or one t......yeah a sleeve XD
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    actually the 2 on the right of this picture would be exactly like im talking about

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Get the 64GB, space goes by like nothing once you are talking about movies (I sold my iPod touch 3G because I ran out of room, I should have just bought the 64GB). 64GB is the best way to go for movie people like myself. Even if you don't use it all, you might have enough space to put more movies if you feel like it.