iOS 3.1 I need to do a restore...but...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Mobious, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Guys my battery has been going crazy on my iphone 3gs. jumping up and down every now and then. I believe it has to do with the software and not the hardware (hopefully) so I need to do a restore. But I can't seem to restore to 3.0 as I have a 3gs and apparently were not allowed to restore to 3.0 anymore (thank you apple). My phone is officially unlocked so I don't need a sim unlock, but if I restore to 3.1, will I be able to jailbreak again later by the time dev team releases their jailbreak solution for the 3gs? I have my BBS or whatever the heck its called, got that the first time I jailbroke it.

Anyways yeah just to make sure, will I be able to jailbreak later on? Should I even bother restoring to 3.1? Is it possible to restore to 3.0 instead? What do you guys think?
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

Apple have been investigating problems with battery life, exactly like you're describing. I think you'll need to hold off for 3.2

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Well I just did a restore to 3.0 apparently I had my ECID or whatever its called lol backed up on cydia which allowed me to bypass the certification process. Battery is fine now

4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nice. You were one of the lucky 50,000 3GS owners who managed to back up their 3.0 sigs on Cydia.

5. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yeah god bless cydia, I mean I don't even remember doing it. Well now I can always downgrade I guess