I need to BRICK my iPod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mclaurin10, May 10, 2008.

1. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hey guys,
    Recently I called apple thinking i bricked my ipod with pwnage, it wasnt I entered DFU mode and everything turned out okay but I just got an email from apple saying that since I had asked for service earlier and that my ipod was fine if there was no error this time they could charge me $100 bucks.

So I need to brick my ipod, fast I dont want to pay them 100 and I really need help!.

and I quote, the email they sent me.

"Apple may charge you a diagnostic fee, including shipping charges, of no more than one hundred ($100) dollars US, plus applicable tax, if Apple inspects your product and determines based on the inspection that the product does not require service. If Apple determines, while inspecting your product, that service is needed due to the failure of parts that are neither supplied by Apple nor Apple-branded, Apple may return the product to you without servicing it, and may charge you the diagnostic fee plus applicable sales tax.

You are entitled to a written estimate of the cost of repairs. The estimate must include all costs for parts and labor. Apple will not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate unless you, the customer, approve the additional charge. This estimate of repair charges is valid for 30 days from the date of estimate. You must notify Apple if you claim a tax exemption and provide Apple with a tax exemption number at the time you receive this estimate. The cost of shipping is included in the estimate. "

should get some interesting responses.

I WOULD PREFER TO NOT HAVE TO JB, im fine with PWNING, but I really dont want evidence of installer anywere on there.

secondly I dont see any way that PWNAGE bricked peoples iPods, I mean honestly Ive unplugged during the iPwner process twice! No brick, just the backup OS
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    try ipwner then eject during the process..
  3. hovik818

hovik818 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They cant charge you for that, say it was a false report.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Delete an important system file such as a BIN file. This is honestly the funniest topic..

Everyone comes on here complaining about how to unbrick their iPod touches, you ask how to brick it

Please Register or Log in to view images

1 person likes this.
  5. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Look here

Please try to search next time, many other threads like this have been started, and this info is scattered about the forums.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its not the first time ive seen something like this lol

but umm yeah they cant do that just cuz youre JB'd
    1 person likes this.
  7. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I tried but dunno when to, when I ejected, I manually did it that is aI ripped it form my computer.

and this the email I recieved.

"Apple may charge you a diagnostic fee, including shipping charges, of no more than one hundred ($100) dollars US, plus applicable tax, if Apple inspects your product and determines based on the inspection that the product does not require service. If Apple determines, while inspecting your product, that service is needed due to the failure of parts that are neither supplied by Apple nor Apple-branded, Apple may return the product to you without servicing it, and may charge you the diagnostic fee plus applicable sales tax.

You are entitled to a written estimate of the cost of repairs. The estimate must include all costs for parts and labor. Apple will not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate unless you, the customer, approve the additional charge. This estimate of repair charges is valid for 30 days from the date of estimate. You must notify Apple if you claim a tax exemption and provide Apple with a tax exemption number at the time you receive this estimate. The cost of shipping is included in the estimate. "
  8. twindragons

twindragons Banned

u fail for buying ur ipod from Apple. should have bought it from Best Buy or Wal-mart.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yeah but the problem is that I told them that theproblem was that the ipod wouldnt respond to anything, I finally got it intu DFU, took timing but I need to brick it - not say it dosent work.
  10. hockey007

hockey007 New Member

u dont have to pay them anything

and

learn how to spell better

thanks