I need someone who knows itunes, ipod touch &who can handle a tech challenged person

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Kitty18, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Kitty18

Kitty18 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Although i have downloaded an ipod shuffle and had that done easily, I have absolutely no idea what i'm doing.
    i was told that i need to format this ipod touch.
    But everything that they have told me to do, has not been where they told me it'd be, i need a techy.
    The first and only thing that this ipod touch has been showing me is that i need to plug it into an itune. I've done this. Nothing showed up claiming Anything has been plugged into my computer, nothing in the itunes.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am a learner, but i need someone who actually Knows...this stuff.

-Special Confusion today, Served with a Bowl of Learning?

2. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I have had lots of experience with iTunes and iPod touches. So your problem is that you're stuck at the connect to iTunes screen, but iTunes nor your computer can detect it. Right? Make sure that your cable is connected fully and works. Try connecting it to different ports (if you're using USB, and you probably are.) Try using any other cords you might have. Look into your iPod's cable connection slot for any mold (that's happened to me

) and the end of the cable for mold. If nothing works, try rebooting your iPod (hold sleep, slide to power off) and if you can't slide to power off, hold sleep and home until the apple appears. If THAT didn't work, try going into recovery mode. Plug in your iPod, and hold home and sleep until your computer goes "Do do ding!" (windows) and detects your device.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    You downloaded an iPod Shuffle?
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It should go du du when you plug it in. Open itunes first. then plug it into itunes. MAk sure you try every port and let it load. Make sure you ave the highest itunes currently
  5. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah I wondered about that too. You never know, though. Technology's getting pretty good these days.

Anyways, try other USB ports and if none work, it's likely that your USB cable is faulty.
  6. Hayesy15

Hayesy15 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea technology is good but how can u download an ipod shuffle and why would you when itunes does the exact same thing but better
  7. Toasty Bread

Toasty Bread Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I think he meant that he downloaded music to an iPod shuffle, which is actually called syncing.
  8. graeme2912

graeme2912 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how can you download an ipod shuffle