i need some tuts for lego mindstorms

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by Tman47, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay so a couple years ago my dad bought me the lego minstorms robotics invention system 2.0 thing with the rcx thing.

and now hes been nagging me cuz i never use it and he wants to see me use it or else hell make me pay him back for the price since i dont use it

so could someone show me a site where theres tutorials on how to make something cool with the kit because the book i have only has 3 examples that my dad knows about
  2. chaseacton

chaseacton Banned

• Flaming and/or trolling
    your dad sounds like a f***ing dick.

wow ill probably get banned for saying that. i mean what dick moderator wont ban you for something as simple as accidentially double posting? gay homos.

oh well i have 2 alt accounts on different ip addresses anyway.

peace.
  3. miketastic

miketastic New Member

..What has this got to do with his question?
    And ooh, you have 2 accounts on 2 IPs? I wish I was as cool as you. Aren't you the greatest. Go you. I guess you've never heard of a dynamic IP.
    Gay Homo? Woah, that's intelligent? Whatever's next, Hot flame? Cold ice? Dead cadaver?
    And if you've checked recently, whenever you double post it automatically corrects it.

@Tman 47
    Have you looked on Google? Sorry I can't be more help, I haven't the faintest as to what a lego mindstorm is.
    Ah well, hope you find what you need.
  4. MountainDew

MountainDew New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Okay, I've worked with these for like 3 years in my school's robotics class, we even got 5th in our regional competition, as for building them, just be as creative as you can, try different drive trains, such as treads or wheels, even sliders, as for the programming, it's extremely simple, and you should get a hang of them quickly, just remember to keep your programs as neat as possible. Keep at it and you should be making some incredible things.

Please Register or Log in to view images

As for some decent tutorials, a simple google search should render some decent results, here's a decent site I quickly found http://www.transterpreter.org/docs/lego/rcx/index.html
  7. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Let's think about this for a moment. After cursing and saying something that could be better said plenty of ways (which would at worse warrant a warning... bonus points for alliteration, yay), you go on to insult the moderators here. Let me just make it clear that you are being banned for having multiple accounts and calling us what you did rather than your original statement.

P.S. Luckily, I've overcome my 1 IP address per day banning limit so I'd be more than happy to ban both accounts

8. berky93

berky93 New Member

man I love legos, and robots!

I'm really considering buying some mindstorms with the amazon gift money I got for my b-day.
  9. Totally 1337

Totally 1337 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've always wanted those! They're awesome!!

And expensive

10. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i got both of them and really wanna learn C to program them but i havent really none much with either of them and feel really bad cause they cost so much