I need some serious help guys

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hect111, Oct 30, 2008.

1. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well i decided to install logome for the first time for a custom boot logo it installed good and everything on my 2.1 ipod touch i intalled the boot logo and got back to the home screen i decided to turn off my ipod to see how the boot logo looked i turned it off. when its time to turn the thing back on it wont turn on! by there i started freaking out. i immedietly plugged it in my pc (vista) and it popped out a dfu device i was in relieve because i thought all i needed to do is restore via i itunes. i tried to shift resore my way to 2.1 got a error code (1618) i decide to try 2.0.2 errr second error code (1618) i decide f*** this im going to the old school scene. I unistall all the pretty feutures of itunes 8.0 and install itunes 7.5 my plan was to install 1.1.4 i thought it would work but guess what! third error code (1604) right in that momment i starte really freaking out i still sort of am right now. so i think i wil download 1.1.5 and see if it works so thats what i am doing right now but with my low internet speeds this might take a while. Soo my question is em I on the right track or do i have to something else i really dont want to drive up north to my nearest fruit store
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You should have just done a normal restore to start with. There is no reason to keep downgrading everything.
  3. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i think your right man but i thought it would just be easier to shift restore to 2.1 instead of waiting for itunes to download the same thing that i already have. I think if i cant get 1.1.5 on there ill try your way
  4. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could copy your 2.1 .ipsw to this directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

Then try and do a normal restore (No shift). It should work.
  5. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmhmm i think ill try that thanks if anybody else has other options feel free to post them i need to get this thing fixed by tomorrow!
  6. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Get iTunes 8
    Get 2.1 firmware
    Shift restore to 2.1
  7. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    He tried that; it didn't work.
  8. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    that was the frist thing i tried man it didnt work
  9. SolarFlare

SolarFlare New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you're having trouble finding that folder I mentioned (I know I did!), try going to your search bar in the Start menu and typing in:

%APPDATA%
  10. hect111

hect111 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well hopefully 1.1.5 works i hate not being able to click the home button just to see the slide to unlock screen

Please Register or Log in to view images