I need some important info

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alxcoolastru, Apr 4, 2010.

1. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Hello everybody, I have a question for those that were lucky enough to get their iPad. I ordered a 3G version so I'll be getting it only at the end of April. I need this question answered. On the iPad, can you leave the wifi connected when it's on sleep ? Another question, does mail come in ( MobileMe ) when the iPad is in Sleep mode ?
  2. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    1: Yes.

2: Shall check when I get back home unless someone answers first.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yes on both counts. It gets my email almost at the same time as my iPhone. (Gmail push)
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I believe the wifi turns off after a certain duration like on iPod Touch/iPhones, but I don't know what that duration is. Since you're getting the 3G, if you're connected to your 3G network and you have the mail settings set to fetch data every certain amount of minutes, then it should. Though, I don't have an iPad, I'm just going with the information I know from iPhones/iPod Touches, which probably aren't too different.
  5. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad

You can have it set up to fetch data every few min on the wi-fi version also. It just wont update it self unless your at a hotspot.

So yes your iPad will stay connected to your wi-fi when its in sleep, and as bgizzle said you should be fine with molbileme as well.
  6. alxcoolastru

alxcoolastru Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Thanks

Thank You guys, and for the ones that have them be sure to check at home or whatever. Because I use e-mail a lot and on the iPhone wi-fi disconects when it's on sleep. Of course yes, you're right, 3G doesn't diesconect so I'm good I guess.
  7. personman

personman Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Actually, it doesn't stay connected. It connects to check Push Mail and such and then disconnects again just like the iPhone in Airplane Mode and the iPod Touch.