I need some help....

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by stinkpadguy, Aug 17, 2008.

1. stinkpadguy

stinkpadguy New Member

Alright so here's what happened:
    -Earlier I restored my iPhone to a custom 2.0.1 and everything went fine.
    -Then after it rebooted and was recognized by iTunes I proceeded to restore the backup that iTunes had made before the restore, but after that finished and the phone rebooted again iTunes gave me the screen again that lets me either set up as a new phone or restore a backup so I hit the restore backup button again and it went through the process again but still came back to that screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

-Up until now I've restored the backup at least 4 times and it still gives me same screen
    -Ive tried everything from rebooting my phone to restarting the computer with no luck. Every time I connect my phone to computer it goes back to the same screen

Does anyone have a possible solution to this problem other than setting it up as a new phone because I don't want to loose my pictures on the backup.

Edit: Well nevermind. Last night i gave up and let it sit overnight but when i woke up and plugged it into the computer the problem was fixed
  2. ubunix

ubunix Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    try to dfu restore with a different firmware
  3. ipodtouchfan101

ipodtouchfan101 Member

set it as a new phone i heard that using the back up may cause problems
  4. stinkpadguy

stinkpadguy New Member

I dont want to set it up as a new phone because i dont want to loose my pictures that were in my Camera Roll that iTunes saved in the backup
    BTW after it restores the backup, it works fine and i can still use the phone its just that iTunes wont go to the regular iPhone page so that i can sync it and whatnot