I need some help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ethiopian, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Ok, so first off, I have a 2g mc model 8 gig ipod touch, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Last night I realized that I had a LOT of unnecessary jailbreak apps and regular app store apps, and me being the idiot that i am, I hit "clear all data" in settings. Big mistake. I had pressed it before I went to bed, and when I woke up it said to charge it, which I did, but it got stuck at the apple logo. So I fiddled around with it for a little bit, and realized that maybe pressing that wasn't such a good idea since it was jailbroken. So I downloaded iTunes (I use MediaMonkey to sync), and the damn thing won't let me load up the 3.1.2 firmware to my device. Now, I've tried itunes 9.2, 9.0, and 9.1 - none of which let me downgrade. They all give me a 1638 error once it gets to the "checking with apple" part of the restore progress. It lets me go to 4.0 just fine. And I've tried 3.1.3 as well, which didn't work either. Now, I really really hate ios4 because all I get on my device is google suggestions built into safari and folders and kills my capacity down to 6.6 gigs! I am 5000% positive that I downgraded with no errors 2 weeks ago, running on itunes 9.0.1 and ios4, but now I can't!

I remember I hit the "save SHSH blobs" in cydia a few nights ago, but I doubt that they made it through when I nuked my ipod, and I'm not even sure what they are, so I'm not sure if that's related, but I thought I should put that in here.

Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
  2. tomlaw

tomlaw Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Same thing with me, about the downgrade part.
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    iOS4 Jailbreak shouldn't be that far away now - be patient

Please Register or Log in to view images

Otherwise have you read the downgrading guide for shsh blobs?
  4. Ethiopian

Ethiopian New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yeah, but I did the downgrade three times with no problems 2 weeks ago. Will the ios4 jailbreak allow me to downgrade?