I need some help

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Ohfoohy, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I want a 360. I only play one game on my Wii; Mario Kart Wii. The thing is, I've always been a PC gamer. Do you think it'll be hard to transition from PC to 360, like control wise? I'm tired of having to constantly update my PC with the newest things. So, I'll be saving up for a 360. Another question I have is which one? What's the difference between all of them? (Elite, Arcade etc.) As far as Live goes, I'll have to work something out with my parents.
  2. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The transition should be pretty easy. All of the big companies have nailed FPS controls on the consoles, Modern Warfare 2 and Halo being the prime examples. As an already established gamer, the controller should be easy to pick up and play instantly.

Go for the Elite. It isn't that much more expensive and you get a much larger HDD which is handy for installing games and downloading demo's and content. It also looks nicer in black. The only difference between the Elite and the others is HDD space. The arcade has no HDD so don't even contemplate it.

And before someone tells you to get a PS3 because your 360 will break, ignore them. I'm sure you've already contemplated and decided upon a 360 (which makes most sense coming from the PC) and the newer 360 models have no problems.

Have fun!
  3. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for the info! How much money does Live go for these days?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also, how high do the HDD's go? Is it only up to 120gb?
  4. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can get 250gb ones, but you really don't need all that space unless you plan on downloading games from the market place, Xbox live gold, for 12 months is around £30
  5. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How much $USD is £30?
  6. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    About 61 USD.
  7. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    $61?! That seems kinda expensive.
  8. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Pretty sure it's $50. At my local Target it sometimes is $20-$40 for a year plus extra month. Now for ME to buy an xbox... I'm going most likely Elite due to hard drive. OH an you CAN buy an Arcade and then buy a $150 hard drive later. Also check out the MW2 Console. It's bada**!!! It comes with two controllers plus the game PLUS a 250 GB Hard Drive. Moving from PC to 360 isn't that hard. I'm a hardcore PC Gamer (soon to be ex hardcore PC Gamer) and I recently played friend at his house on COD5 and owned him. Overall I think your making a good choice, just make sure you keep your PC!
  9. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, don't do a direct comparison. Everything is more expensive over here. Modern Warfare 2 is the equivalent of $75 here, for example. 12 months of live on Amazon.com is $39.99.
  10. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was gonna come back and post that...
    just because it's 30 GBP, doesn't mean its 61 USD.