I Need some Help!

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by ATC Productions, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ATC Productions

ATC Productions New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello,

I am new to Mac and aplacation creation, I have an app in mind which is in an area which is not full and there is hardly no riviels. All I need to make is a simple app with buttons going to pages with information on them!. I have found a video on YouTube which can be found here (please watch).

I need to know weather if I do the same in that TUT video I will be able to:
    1.Make the app into a fnished file?
    2.Submit it to the App store?
    3.Be abel to sell?
    4.Do itunes take a % of the download cost?
    and
    5.Is it as easy as the TUT shows?

I need to know the answers soon, And I must say please watch the video I linked to so you can see were I am comming from. If you need any more information please ask.

Thanks
    Sam
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Before you try to follow some 11 year old's youtube tutorial verbatim, you should learn how to program. Learn Objective-C, and develop at least a passable knowledge of C.

To answer your questions:

1. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that, but when after you compile you get a nice little .app bundle with your binary and resources.

2. I didn't actually watch all 11 minutes of the tutorial, but assuming it doesn't blatantly use private APIs or objectionable material, you're good to go. (Note: you need to pay $99 USD per year to submit to the AppStore)

3. See above.

4. Apple takes a 30% cut of the revenue.

5. If you know what you're doing, your task is probably much easier than what the tutorial makes it out to be.

Anyway, I encourage you to put in some time and learn to program. It's a very rewarding experience for me, but it's not everyone's "thing". No reason not to try, though.
  3. ATC Productions

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So The simpel drag and drop feture is ok for just making an app with just buttons and a few pices of text? Also I very good with computers so lerning how to right code could be picked up as I half know it all ready!, Also with the app store charge, if the app was to be free would it still cost me that $99.

Thanks
    Sam
  4. ipodmail09

ipodmail09 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes you still need to pay that $99
  5. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's the wrong way of looking at things, but yes, I assume you could get away with it.

To submit ANY application, be it free or not, you must pay $99 per year.
  6. ATC Productions

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks you all for the help, I am going to start develping my App soon. If I have any queries or questions I will come straight here for any help.

Thank you all so much
    Sam
  7. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Not the right approach. Since you are starting, it's likely that the questions you have will be about simple stuff, so I suggest checking Apple's Developer site to see if what you want is there, then using google, then using the search function of the forums, and if everything else fails, then asking here.

We come here to help, but it's quite annoying to have a lot of people asking about the same thing over and over (it happens a lot with people wanting to save info, for example).
  8. ATC Productions

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well I do have a brain so I would use other source, But I ment on things that I can't find on Google or on things which I don't know.

Thanks
    Sam