i need some help with my leopard on windows

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Tman47, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay so i got 10.5.1 and burned the iso to a dvd-r. and im running on a dell inspiron 5100 with 512 ram. when i have the dvd in and i restart my computer it brings me to the darwin installation thing and when it says loading darwin it takes about 5 minutes but then just restarts my system and brings me back to the installation screen, could someone please tell me what im doing wrong

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

There could be so many things. The most common thing is simply not having the right hardware. But there are different versions you can download and burn, commands you can enter and 'kexts' you can inject tinto the iso to help it work. I myself havnt found anything to work yet. The darwin bootloader thing was the same for me once, restarting after a bit. Then I chose a different version and it was at the darwin bootloader for up to an hour and then went into the set up for installation but the mouse and keyboard wouldnt work so I couldnt do anything anyway. Best thing to do is looks around on websites and test out different things once you've learnt enough.

3. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What version are you using to install Leopard on your PC?

I would suggest Kalyway 10.5.2 then use Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo Update then download and install the 10.5.4 update from Apple.

iAtkos has a 10.5.4 disk out, but most prefer Kalyway due to ease of install....well it obviously takes longer but there are less bugs.
  4. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

i think its because you have 512mb of ram
  5. AppleDude

AppleDude Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Your gonna need a lot more ram

6. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When I first got my MacBook, I wanted the full 4 gigs of RAM. My friend told me just to buy the RAM separate and install it myself, so I held off. Now I use the stock 1 gig with my MacBook, and it runs Leopard just fine.

Of course this is on a MacBook, and I'm not aware of all the hardware etc. that might influence how much RAM you need. But on Windows (especially Vista) you'll definitely want more than 512.
  7. jameslf

jameslf New Member

I am running a hackintosh with os x 10.5.3 on a Dell Dimension 5150, Pentium D processor with 1gb ram. I had problems installing it at first until I discovered that when you go to install, you should click custom and uncheck the vanilla kernel. Only install the SSE2 support and either the mbr or guid depending on how you formatted your drive. Then you will be blessed.